The Comeback Kid

Started by W. Gray, August 19, 2009, 05:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Wilma,

What do you think about Bret Favre's comeback II.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

I hope that he can do what he wants to do, but-------I think that he should retire gracefully and become a commentator like the rest of the washed up quarterbacks.  Oops, maybe I shouldn't have called him that.

What I really think is that he isn't ready to quit playing yet and maybe not ready to admit that he is past his prime.  I don't think that he is capable of what he has done in the past and nobody should expect him to, not even himself.

flintauqua

IMO, I believe he should follow the path of Vinny Testeverde, and Doug Flutie.  If he wants to play year to year, just sit back, relax and wait for some team to hire him to replace an injured QB.  Instead, I feel he is showboating a little, by creating all this drama each year, "Is he or isn't he . . . ".  I also believe he is thumbing his nose at the organization (GB) that allowed him to become the future hall-of-famer that he is.

Charles

W. Gray

For $25 million, I would come out of retirement, also.

It might be worth any embarrassment, especially if I needed the money.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk