Willie Nelson latest

Started by Teresa, September 24, 2006, 10:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Who-hoo!  Of all the country music artists today, I would have to say that Alan Jackson ranks No. 1! He's my favorite, in today's artists.

This is just my opinion, but so many artists today claim to be "country" but they are so far from it. It sounds like a racket.............. something like a cat getting its tail caught in the door.

We much prefer the "traditonal country," such as Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams, SR.,  Ernest Tubb, just to name a few.

Wilma

You are so right.  I will have to try to take a look at this Alan Jackson.  I am glad you put that SR. in there. 

Teresa

Now girls... I like ole' wild ass Hank Jr. :D
I have just about all of his CD's and when he is jamming out.. I am at my best in letting my hair down.

TaTa & Marine Mom... Not a peep out of you both on this!
Letting my hair down to some of this nice people in here literally means setting back by a campfire and chilling out))
Let them think that is all I do... 8)

I have to try to uphold my innocent and quiet reputation you know...  :angel:
;D ;D ;D
HA HA HA HA~~ (((((Holding my belly,rolling around on the floor laughing..)))))

I know that not a soul believed all of that drival I just said, but a girl has to try you know~.. ::) :P ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

How about this one?  Jimmy Dean's uncle Jimmy Dean.  He wasn't country western.  He was a cowboy singer.  He sang on a show on one of the Wichita stations in the early 40's.  It was called Dinner Bell Time.  Les Jarvis was the MC and the band consisted of Vern Nydegger, his brother, Lee, and his wife Mildred.  I think there might have been another whose name didn't stay with me.  Jimmy Dean also played with the band.  Now, that one is an oldie.

Janet Harrington

Oh My Gosh, Mother.  I have never even heard of Dinner Bell Time or Jimmy Dean's uncle Jimmy Dean.  I have never even heard you talk about this type of stuff before.

Now, when we were growing up, we had this old Victrola that played these old thick records, 78's I think.  We would wind that thing up and put on Hank Williams Sr.  We just loved him.  Ha

Wilma

You surely remember hearing about how Grandma named the neighbor's new baby boy, Jimmy Dean, don't you?  I didn't think I had neglected your education that badly.  There is probably a lot that you haven't heard about me growing up.  That is why I am writing my memoirs and you will get a copy for Christmas some year.

Uncle Jimmy Dean was a lot like Gene Autry and had the nicest singing voice.  Not a beautiful voice, but a nice soft soothing voice.

Wilma

I need to amend my opinion of country singers.  I heard Martina McBride sing the national anthem at a ball game and she didn't fracture it.  It was beautiful as it was meant to be.  Kudos to Martina.

Janet Harrington

Kudos????  Mother, where did you pick that word up at?

Wilma

I don't know.  Probably from one of your books that I read.

Sherri

Holy Buckets ~~~~~~~````   This is Jo McD. using Sherri's "confuser" and I am here to say
LET ME HAVE WAYLON JENNINGS !!!!!   ohhhhhhhhh  myyyyy gosh   He is my heart smiler!!!
  And I have to agree with my Teresa ---- Hank Jr. is definitely  NOT BAD !!!
  HAVE A HAPPY WESTERN DAY, y'all !
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk