Where in Elk County Am I?

Started by flintauqua, August 13, 2009, 10:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Sorry if I confused anyone.  Wilma, I think you better go buy a lottery ticket, if the picture you saw was the one I thought the link went to.  Apparently the link above only goes to the home page of the backroads site.  Each time you click on it, A different random picture comes up.  It took me 10 visits to the site before the Green Ranch came up.

Try this link:

http://www.backroadstouring.net/btk/04_21_07/136-3616_img.jpg

Charles

Wilma

The one with the sunflowers looks more like the Green Ranch road to me.  Is there anything that identifies the sites?  None of what I got up has any identification with it.

flintauqua

The random picture on the home page doesn't have any identification to it, even in it's properties.

If, from the home page, you click on the word "gallery" on the top bar (second from right) it will bring up a page with a chronological listing of their tours, click on a tour and it will bring up a commentary of their ride that day, and will have the pictures they took on that ride ina gallery at the bottom.  By reading their trip report, I can often figure out what roads they have been on.  The photos in the gallery do not have locations in their properties either, just tagged with date of tour, and a numbering system.

I have not seen the sunflowers photo, it hasn't come up randomly for me yet.  I have figured out that there are at least 151 photos in the random rotation.  I have not reviewed all of their tours that include Elk, Butler, and or Cowley counties, so it's very possible the sunflower picture is of Green Ranch hill, like I said, I haven't seen it . . . yet.

Charles

flintauqua

Does anyone know of a digital camera that will embed the GPS coordinates in the picture data, just like they embed the date and time. 

Or, did I just have one of those lightbulb moment ideas that I should have gotten a patent for?

Charles

dnalexander

Quote from: flintauqua on August 23, 2009, 09:46:01 PM
Does anyone know of a digital camera that will embed the GPS coordinates in the picture data, just like they embed the date and time. 

Or, did I just have one of those lightbulb moment ideas that I should have gotten a patent for?

Charles

http://www.ricoh-usa.com/solutions/solution_features.asp?pCategoryId=85&pSubCategoryId=81&pProductId=761&pCatName=Camera+Imaging&pSubCatName=Ricoh+500SE+Imaging+Solutions&pProductName=Geo-Imaging&tsn=Ricoh-USA

http://blogs.pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/products/2006/08/post_7.html

flintauqua

Thanks, David.

Tech changes so quickly.  I used to take Computer Shopper, and try to keep up on things.  Of course Quantex and Comp USA was still going then. :P

Charles

dnalexander

Quote from: flintauqua on August 23, 2009, 10:19:11 PM
Thanks, David.

Tech changes so quickly.  I used to take Computer Shopper, and try to keep up on things.  Of course Quantex and Comp USA was still going then. :P

Charles

You are welcome, Charles. I thought you had a great idea. I had to delete my first link.

http://www.uspto.gov/

flintauqua

Since I (we?) have gone off on a branch or two, to get back on the mainline for those playing the game and just tuning in, here is our target:

Quote from: W. Gray on August 22, 2009, 09:51:41 PM
Find and name the highest named point in Elk County, Kansas.

Sorry for the diversions.

Charles

jensarlou

ok I thought I might be able to get back into the game with this last location, but when I research online everything I find requires payment.  I used to have a gazeteer but when I moved I gave it and all my other KS maps away.  I am enjoying the game but I will admit I don't know a whole lot about Elk Co.  So for now I guess I will continue to watch and learn some things as we go along.

Wilma

Forgive me for straying again, but I need to tell Charlie how to find the picture that I have been referring to.

Charlie, try going back to your reply # 77 where you lined out a link.  Use the lined out link, then click on Backroads Touring at the far left, top of page.  The sunflowers come up with a biker in the middle of the road about to run over you.  You have made me homesick to drive over that road again.  It used to be the shortest route from home to our pasture over here and to my mother's farm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk