Where in Elk County Am I?

Started by flintauqua, August 13, 2009, 10:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

The Dam and Mill on Wildcat Creek???

frawin

Charles, if I have this correct, Myrna is going to take me to Braum's and buy me a double dip low Carb Vanilla ice cream cone.

Ole Granny

Get ready for the double dip low Carb Vanilla ice cream cone.  My bets on Frank.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Old Granny, my memory is getting bad, did we ever park on Buttermilk Hill. I know I parked there with some girl from Moline.

Ole Granny

No, Frank.  To the best of my memory we did not park anywhere!  But if you remember something , let me know.  Now I am not saying I was never on Buttermilk Hill, just not with you.   :angel: :o

I really do not remember you dating anyone but Myrna.  Sure you did but cannot remember.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

flintauqua

Quote from: frawin on September 10, 2009, 06:47:09 PM
The Dam and Mill on Wildcat Creek???

Go get your Braum's Frank.  Yes it was the mill owned by J. S Boicourt and J. W. Hanson, built in either 1872 or 1874, depending on whose profile you read from the History of the State of Kansas, by William G. Cutler.

Your turn, or you can designate someone or anyone.

Charles

frawin

Thanks Charles, I would like for you to do the next one, you are far more knowledgable and creative on this subject.

flintauqua

Don't have another ready to go, and will be out this afternoon.  Anyone else that wants to jump in can, or I will try to post a target this evening.

Charles

P.S. Where's Waldo ??? Vacation ???

W. Gray

No, not yet on vacation.

I cannot match the poetry, but here is a question:

I had a round house but I had no Wildcat connection. Where in Elk County am I?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo is that the old Roundhouse that was in Moline????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk