ObamaCare: The Road to Geezer Heaven

Started by Warph, August 12, 2009, 02:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

The question Barack Hussein Obama should be discussing with Clowns Rahm Emanual and David Alexrod, the bobble-headed twins, not excluding of course Speaker Pelosi and partner in crime, the Hon. Harry Reid, is how to make ObamaCare as attractive as "Cash for Clunkers". 

Now, I have put alot of thought in this and here's what I've come up with.  The popularity of "Cash for Clunkers" has nothing to do with the free lunch aspect.  It is the intellectual elegance of the concept.  Toward the beginning of the last century one of the European governments, (Hint: They've never won a war and their purfume stinks) concerned with the frequency of fatal railway accidents, established a commission to look into the matter.  The commissioners soon discovered that by significant proportion most people killed in railway accidents had been sitting in the last car of the train.  In a flash the elegant, cost-free solution to the problem flashed through the mind of the chief investigator.  The commission would recommend that in future the last car be removed from all trains. Voilà!

That's the kind of thinking that has made "Cash for Clunkers" such a success.  The beauty of it is that the model can be applied to ObamaCare at the slight cost of a few modest adjustments of vocabulary.  Now, I think everyone agrees that the killer cost in health care is geriatric medicine.  Right?  But "geriatric medicine" is merely a euphemism that may disguise rather than identify the problem.  Okay, Mr. Obama, let's call a spade a spade.  The real problem here is us old geezers..... Right, Barry?  First we get old.  Then we get sick.  Then we expect to see a doctor.  Give us geezers an inch, we'll take a mile.... isn't that what you're thinking, Hussein?  The suggested plan to create a special group of thanatological shrinks (commonly called the Kevorkian Corps), while undoubtedly well intentioned on your part, Bo, is actually an inadequate response.  The health care crisis demands something more fundamental.  Ah ha....the solution is obvious, though it may at first seem a little startling.... especially to me.  Eliminate the last car on the train.  Get us geezers off the road in the same way you are getting the clunkers off the road.  Lets see now.... give the program a snappy title: "Grants for Gramps," perhaps, or better yet, "Gold for Geezers."
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Anmar

Quote from: Warph on August 12, 2009, 02:36:13 AM
The question Barack Hussein Obama should be discussing with Clowns Rahm Emanual and David Alexrod, the bobble-headed twins, not excluding of course Speaker Pelosi and partner in crime, the Hon. Harry Reid, is how to make ObamaCare as attractive as "Cash for Clunkers". 

Now, I have put alot of thought in this and here's what I've come up with.  The popularity of "Cash for Clunkers" has nothing to do with the free lunch aspect.  It is the intellectual elegance of the concept.  Toward the beginning of the last century one of the European governments, (Hint: They've never won a war and their purfume stinks) concerned with the frequency of fatal railway accidents, established a commission to look into the matter.  The commissioners soon discovered that by significant proportion most people killed in railway accidents had been sitting in the last car of the train.  In a flash the elegant, cost-free solution to the problem flashed through the mind of the chief investigator.  The commission would recommend that in future the last car be removed from all trains. Voilà!

That's the kind of thinking that has made "Cash for Clunkers" such a success.  The beauty of it is that the model can be applied to ObamaCare at the slight cost of a few modest adjustments of vocabulary.  Now, I think everyone agrees that the killer cost in health care is geriatric medicine.  Right?  But "geriatric medicine" is merely a euphemism that may disguise rather than identify the problem.  Okay, Mr. Obama, let's call a spade a spade.  The real problem here is us old geezers..... Right, Barry?  First we get old.  Then we get sick.  Then we expect to see a doctor.  Give us geezers an inch, we'll take a mile.... isn't that what you're thinking, Hussein?  The suggested plan to create a special group of thanatological shrinks (commonly called the Kevorkian Corps), while undoubtedly well intentioned on your part, Bo, is actually an inadequate response.  The health care crisis demands something more fundamental.  Ah ha....the solution is obvious, though it may at first seem a little startling.... especially to me.  Eliminate the last car on the train.  Get us geezers off the road in the same way you are getting the clunkers off the road.  Lets see now.... give the program a snappy title: "Grants for Gramps," perhaps, or better yet, "Gold for Geezers."

People keep saying things like this but it has nothing to do with whats actually in the plan.  Are you misinforming people on purpose or are you just saying this because you're buying into the corporate campaign to fight health care reform?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

Quote from: Anmar on August 12, 2009, 08:24:46 AM
People keep saying things like this but it has nothing to do with whats actually in the plan.  Are you misinforming people on purpose or are you just saying this because you're buying into the corporate campaign to fight health care reform?

Are you supporting the reform because you are a liberal or because you believe the gov't will stick to the "plan" exactly as it is worded, without any devation whatsoever?  Afterall, the gov't would never stray or use "loopholes" to vary how a policy is carried out, right?  I mean, they follow the Constitution to the letter, don't they???
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

I support Reform becuase our system sucks.  By the way, where are your manners?  My Kansas roots always taught me it's rude to answer a question with another question.  The idea that the government is going to go out and try to kill old people is stupid.  They've said a million times they aren't going to do it.  Nearly everyone in the government has said that the proposed plans have nothing of the sort in it.  We've posted the actual text here on the forums, yet you insist on being a mouthpiece for the insurance companies that oppose reform.  If you don't like the plan, fine.  Our system has been in bad shape for a long time and people finally have the willpower to change it.  Come up with an idea of your own and be a part of the process or get out of the way.  Sitting around spreading lies and insisting on stupidity (referring to ideas, not you personally) will get us nowhere.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

How can the gov't propose to take care of everyone in this country, without rationing healthcare?  The short answer is THEY CAN'T.  And how do you think that rationing is going to be implemented?  Do you honestly think that the quality care is going to be given to those who have few years left or to those whose inital investment hasn't already been made? 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

sixdogsmom

Billy, don't you think that rationed care is promoted by the insurance companies now?
Edie

srkruzich

I believe that in some of the threads about socialized medicine that some folks keep pointing to the canadian medical system as being a success. Wellllll Check this out!

Canadian Health Officials: Our Universal Health Care Is 'Sick,' Private Insurance Should Be Welcomed

Dr. Anne Doig, the incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association, said her country's health care system is "sick" and "imploding," the Canadian Press reported.

"We know there must be change," Doig said in a recent interview. "We're all running flat out, we're all just trying to stay ahead of the immediate day-to-day demands."

Canada's universal health care system is not giving patients optimal care, Doig added. When her colleagues from across the country gather at the CMA conference in Saskatoon Sunday, they will discuss changes that need to be made, she said.

"We all agree the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize," she said.

Read the rest at
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539943,00.html

Now why would we want obamacare when canada which is being used as a example is imploding!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on August 16, 2009, 11:28:11 AM
The idea that the government is going to go out and try to kill old people is stupid.  They've said a million times they aren't going to do it.  Nearly everyone in the government has said that the proposed plans have nothing of the sort in it. 

You actually believe them?  :O  The only time I believe government is when they tell you their going to raise taxes or restrict freedom.  They're not going to admit to restricting healthcare to individuals.. at least not until they make it law and then its too late for us!  So if they aren't going to deny medical care for the old and disabled then put it in writing!  Remove the questionable wording in the document and make it so that they cannot possibly restrict medical care for the elderly or disabled.  Simple wording you know, It would be like  Any Medical care will not be denied to Elderly patients, nor disabled patients.  

I am with the forefathers on this one.  Never trust government in anything, restrict government to performing the basic essential needs of securing our nation, and chain it down so tight it cannot move without our (the peoples) say so.  Keep the demon in its cage until its absolutely necessary to unleash it in the defense of our country.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 17, 2009, 11:46:34 AM
  Perhaps we could look at the German Health care model, I hear that one works well.

Oh lord you don't want that model.  DO you realize that everyone in germany has to get rid of their possessions every year or get taxed on them?  The tax is so high that its cheaper that they throw out all their furniture, tv's electronics ect every year and buy new ones. 

On top of that their taxes are unbelievable on income. 

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 17, 2009, 12:01:21 PM
;D ;D ;D ( I knew that, but I didn't know it was quite that bad. Had a German friend here for 4 years for school and he talked about a lot.) Ok, How about Australia? ;D ;D ;D
Oh germany is very bad.  One of buddies was stationed there and he and his wife would go out on tax day and pick up stuff from the curbs.  He furnished his entire apartment for free every year.  Since he was US military he didn't have to pay the taxes. 

But its even worse than that. IF you own a pet, you have to have a license, a permit and pay a pet tax every year. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk