County Roads

Started by Tobina+1, August 04, 2009, 12:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Quote from: W. Gray on August 13, 2009, 05:55:26 PM
Thanks,

I added the site to my bookmarks.

I noticed on the map that they still have the Santa Fe Howard Branch tracks as coming from Severy and ending at K-99 at about Michigan Street in Howard.

And, at Severy Junction they have the St Louis and San Francisco as stilll going through northeast Elk County and southern Greenwood.

On the Topo map, they have the Santa Fe Howard Branch going through Howard and on to Moline and junction with the "mainline" Santa Fe.

Waldo,

That is the one bad thing about online topos, you don't get the "legend or key" information, especially the date of the map.  Remember these are just merges of whatever the latest published printed quad is for the spot, they're not updated online any faster than they would be in print.  And the USGS doesn't publish new topos very often, unless it is an area of urban/suburban growth.

Charles

flintauqua

Quote from: Mom70x7 on August 13, 2009, 06:05:26 PM
I think "street view" is awesome! I'm delighted any time I see it as an option.

I love streetview also.  In my continuing search for employment, my geographic range has increased.  Streetview lets me get a "feel" for a place that has an opening in community development, so I can decide if that is a place I and my wife would want to live, what kind of problems the place may have, what level of "pride" in the community the residents have, etc.  That way if I get called for an interview, I have a visual picture of what I might be able to help the community with.

Charles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk