Who would you like to be president

Started by Anmar, August 03, 2009, 03:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could pick any of these, which would you choose to be president.

Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton
John McCain
Sarah Palin
George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton
Dennis Kucinic
Ron Paul
Ralph Nader
Fred Thompson
Other (please list)

larryJ

Well, contrary to my failing respect for Fred Thompson because of the interview with whats-her-name, I still think he would be a good choice.  Ron Paul would be a close second.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

pamsback

You mean Nugent? Billy? I'd vote for him.
I voted other because I think we need an infusion of NEW blood in our government, it's time to lay off all the slackers and get a new game plan. Old School ain't gonna cut it anymore.

When T.Boone Pickens came out last year about his alternative to foreign oil plan..I watched it. Yeah he's been a BIG Oil man, and yeah he's lookin after his interests but the man made sense and he's smart enough to see the writing on the wall and change BEFORE it becomes an absolute neccesity. THAT"S the kind of thinkin we need in Washington instead of the throw the baby out with the bathwater crap we have goin on right now.

So I'd put T.Boone up for nomination.

Warph

Good idea, Anmar

PAT PAULSEN, for sure!
I've always liked Pat's Slogan, Anmar:  "We've upped our standards, now up yours."

According to legend: "He ran in 1968, 1972, 1980, 1984, 1988, and 1992 when he beat Ross Perot in the North Dakota primary.  In 1996, he finished second to Bill Clinton in New Hampshire. 

This year he wants to give it another try in 2012, posthumously.  He wants Mel "If presidents can't do it to their wives, they do it to their country" Brooks as his VP because he's a mirror image of Joe Biden... or is it the other way around.... and Groucho "Behind every successful Politician is a woman, behind her is his wife" Marx as his Sec. of State.  Why Groucho for State, you ask?.... because he's "in state."

Tho' he passed away in '97 from brain cancer, Pat feels it's time to return from the Great Beyond, so to speak, in an attempt to haunt the Oval Office and put the country back on its feet.  He does a wonderful imitation of Obama on ethnic jokes, posthumously: 
Ladies and Germs, Former Presidential candidate, Pat Paulsen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04BhAxBNWIo&feature=related

I feel Pat's ghost can bring a refreshing, humorous approach to the present campaign (G-d knows, we need it) and I always thought that Paulsen had a solid platform, as evidenced below.  Pat on :

....Social Security....."Why should old people get it?  They just sit around all day doing nothing."

....The Middle Class....."What middle class?  There's only seven people left in the middle class - who cares about them?

....The National Debt....."Let the kids pay it - they still owe us rent and gas money."

....The Future....."Worrying about the future is a thing of the past.  I don't think about it." 

....Foreign Aid...."We should ask every country in the world to send us whatever they can." 

....Same Sex Marriages...."I'm for them. They will cut down on overcrowding in the schools."

....Education...."Every child has a right to go to high school and end up with a third grade education."

....Taxes...."No Taxes.  Let's just tip the government 15% if they do a good job."

....Prayer in the schools...."Kids should be able to go to school and pray they won't get shot."

....Drugs...."They said I ignored the drug problem.  Well, I gave speeches on drugs, I wrote books on drugs.....I did darn near everything on drugs!"

....His motivation.... "I'm often asked why I travel around the country talking politics.  Is it for humanitarian reasons, community spirit, or is it for the money, the limosines or the girls?  The answers are: no, no, yes yes yes!"

....Honesty in Politics...."I must choose my words carefully in order to avoid any negative interpretation.  Among politicians, this is a tactic known as lying."

....Immigration...."I don't want to say too much about illegal immigration.  I'm afraid my views will be reported on the Cinco O'Clock News".

....The current candidates...Obama?  Huckabee?  Guiliani?  Romney?  Kucinich? "Whatever happened to the Washingtons, the Jeffersons, and the Johnsons? ..... Well hell, man.... theys be playing basketball, most of 'em".

And so it goes.  You gotta love this guy's logic dead or alive.  Paulsen for President:

Ronald Reagan would be a close second.... and btw Anmar, this is a little known fact:  Ronald Reagan was not the first U.S. president to have formerly been an actor.  Martin Van Buren appeared in several movies prior to his career in politics, mostly quirky, low-budget independent films.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Roma Jean Turner

I voted in the Republican primary, which I never do, because I wanted Romney to get the nomination.  I thought he had excellent credentials and experience, especially in business.

pamsback

Roma Jean Turner

I'd consider Ted as well, we could agree on some things.

Teresa

Oh yeah................. Ted's a good guy.. I know him kinda personally..

He's crazy as a shit house rat... .. maybe that would rattle their cages..  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

Quote from: pamsback on August 04, 2009, 09:03:29 AM
You mean Nugent? Billy? I'd vote for him.

Pam, you are right. I should've checked my spelleng better! ;)
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

dnalexander

Quote from: Teresa on August 05, 2009, 04:11:06 PM
Oh yeah................. Ted's a good guy.. I know him kinda personally..

He's crazy as a shit house rat... .. maybe that would rattle their cages..  ;D

Teresa I know your mom reads the forum so you don't have to answer this question. Do you "know Ted Nugent personally" from your hippie days or from your second amendment days? ??? ;D

If Billy and Pam are serious about Ted Nugent for President I will check it out.

David :D :o

Teresa

I am associated with him.. 2nd amendment days ( which is now)

I said kinda personally...  makes it sound better than 'thrown together in a personal  group'  ;)
but I don't think he would remember my name.. (He knows my face probably and my craziness  ;D) but I doubt my name as we are always in a group of people and you have no idea how little time we get to actually socialize personally with some of these guys.  (w/o outside people wanting to interfere and be fans/groupies etc/)

Ted is one that is very gracious and patient with people... Tom Selleck gets a bit irritated at times but he has movie star status and THAT just makes it crazy when he is around the place)
  When we are all out to dinner or things.. I party as a group person. I'm flitting everywhere. *shocker..NOT* :D
Ted has people CONSTANTLY surrounding him.. and I mean constantly. His wife told me that it is like this all the time. Especially from gun owners and people who believe in the Constitution. So even if we are in a group of 6...I usually ha-ha it up as a group and not try to vie for Teds attention ( like most others do)
I get to meet a lot of "high profile people" in this business. I'm usually very low-keyed about it.   Just because they have celebrity status..In my opinion..  they still put their pants on everyday just like everyone else. They just have a different line of work..  8) So I don't get all panty and excited over it.
I meet them .. sometimes I get to talk over dinner or drinks... sometimes we are in a group where it is joint conversations.. and sometimes they are just there and I don't get a chance to be anyone other than " Marshal Halloways wife"  ((Which sometimes people act like THAT is celebrity status.. Plluussseaseeee~~~~!! ::) ::) ((((I smile ..but secretly it makes me ..like... sick)))) ;D  especially when afterwards.. he teases me about it unmercifully.. ;D ;D

Back to your question ( sorry I got a bit off tract there) :-\ .. Ted is always ask if he would run for Pres.... He laughs and says NO!  He can do more for the causes being who he is and doing things the way he does them without setting in the white house..
Ted would never live in Washington... he has a gorgeous home and ranch back in the woods ..a great wife and wonderful children...

Sp better pick someone else for Prez David.. The "Nuge" is off he ballot..  ;D ;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk