Obama's Health-Care Bill

Started by Warph, August 05, 2009, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Diane, I'm not tracking on your question about lost liberties.  There are liberties
that we have lost.  Are you saying we have not lost any liberties?  If so, you
must be a happy socilalist.

Anmar, I've never been a republican.  By the way, I can't stand the republican party either.

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on August 17, 2009, 07:23:07 PM
Diane,

Patriot Act took away some liberties, although i don't think that is what Red was referring to, as it was done by republicans.
Excuse me, Patriot act was done by democrats and republicans.  The only one who voted against it was the 1 lone independant Ron Paul. 

They all pushed that through on a fast track.
The patriot act 2 was a amendment to the first one which was sponsored by republicans. 

AND the entire act was sunshined also so that it had to be renewed if necessary.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Anmar

Quote from: srkruzich on August 17, 2009, 09:43:05 PM
Quote from: Anmar on August 17, 2009, 07:23:07 PM
Diane,

Patriot Act took away some liberties, although i don't think that is what Red was referring to, as it was done by republicans.
Excuse me, Patriot act was done by democrats and republicans.  The only one who voted against it was the 1 lone independant Ron Paul. 

They all pushed that through on a fast track.
The patriot act 2 was a amendment to the first one which was sponsored by republicans. 

AND the entire act was sunshined also so that it had to be renewed if necessary.

I stand corrected.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

redcliffsw

Diane, please finish your sentence and I'll consider your question.

(Wilma must not be reviewing grammar today).

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 18, 2009, 01:02:44 PM
Well, where did it go? ;D ;D ;D Anyway, I was interested in what liberties you felt have been lost recently... now, not after the Civil War.  Maybe I'm more interested in rural VS urban ,that seems to be where some of the differences seem to be.

Heres one, get on a plane these days.  after you ahve been thoroughly groped, pawed and totally violated by a Government employee who barely has a highschool education, might if your lucky speaks english UNLESS your Muslim, you might get to board your plane if you don't arrive past the 30 min preboard time from your physical assault at the main entrance.  They say its for security but gah theres no security in that its all for show.  They test them all the time and get all kinds of weapons through the "security" in the airports.

Try buying more than 50 lbs of fertilizer.  You will get a quick visit from the batf.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Loss of liberty...how about unwarranted searches, seizures, and indeterminate detention by police officers, background checks to purchase firearms, the ban of firearms in certain cities, needing a "permit" to carry said firearms, mandatory vaccainations for school children, the need for a permit to stage a protest, the gov't dictating the sexual behavior between consenting adults,...just to name a few.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

flintauqua

To bring this back to Health Care; Billy, what do you have against childhood immunizations?

Varmit

I think that it should be a parents choice wether or not they want their child vaccinated.  Making it mandatory for a child to be vaccinated to attend public school takes that choice out of the parents hands.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

flintauqua

Would you personally have yourself or your children immunized voluntarily?

dnalexander

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on August 18, 2009, 09:10:15 PM
I think that it should be a parents choice wether or not they want their child vaccinated.  Making it mandatory for a child to be vaccinated to attend public school takes that choice out of the parents hands.

You don't have to have your kids vaccinated to go to school. My godson's family is Christian Scientist and he did not have to get the vaccinations. That was in California so I don't know if that is different in other states.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk