Read the bill

Started by larryJ, July 28, 2009, 09:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Oh for crying out loud, I didn't realize that I had to specifically state that the folks that should pay for their own healthcare are physcially able to work and save for it.  I guess next time I'll break out the crayons and big Chief Tablet and draw you a picture.

BTW, what does being against abortion have to do with wanting people to pay for their own health care?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

1. If you READ it says IF a person has not been advised in the last five years to make that information AVAILABLE not that you HAVE to do it. I found absolutely nothing about MANDATORY anything or the aforementioned "rationing" of care.

2.You have never heard ME say it is a right. It is MY right to take care of myself and my family. IF I can't heal it myself I will PAY for it MYSELF with no help from the government OR YOUR or anybody ELSES tax dollars. Maybe I need to draw YOU said picture on said Big Chief tablet WITH said crayons.

3. See number 2.

So who peed in YOUR post toasties today?

P.S. Happy anniversary Larry and wife :)

Varmit

First of all, do you honestly think that a president and the majority of democrats, who support hospice care over actual treatment aren't going to make this mandatory?  I know...I know...the bill doesn't state that it is mandatory so they obviously can't.  But wait a minute, we have bills. legislation, and laws that say a person must pay their taxes yet how many in obamas administration haven't lived up to that law? 

As for rationing, if this bill is passed there is no way that rationing won't become an issue.  Just look at Mass.  Canada, France. 

Secondly, I was not addressing you specifically with my last post pam.  If I had I would have used the word "you" instead of "she" when I said
Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on July 29, 2009, 07:00:49 PM

1 - Pam didn't debunk anything, she just posted a part of the healthcare bill. 

Diane, no need to be snippy and condescending...really...well then, what would you call your question to me?...
Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 29, 2009, 07:10:23 PM
Push 'em off on an ice flow ? At what age?

But to answer your questions...the parents of the 16 year old take care of their own child.  They may need to get a second job, move into a smaller house, whatever it takes for them to take care of their own.  If people want to contribute to them then that is their choice, but folks shouldn't be made to do so. 
If a couple is going to have sex then they should be willing to accept the consequences of their actions, even if that means they will have a child with expensive health issues.  If they cannot afford to take care of a child, or are unwilling to work to support that child then they should not engage in the activities nessecary to produce that child. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pamsback

Ok.....takes me awhile but I catch on eventually.........so basically all yall want to do here is run everybody who doesn't totally agree with YOUall much less outright DIS agree with yall out of here and have your daily round of postin all the terrible negative things that are will or might be done to you against your will....right? All the posts about the "EVIL" democrats and how they have two heads and just want to take all YOUR hard earned money. Just stay in your cozy little circle of negativity and "yes yes you're SO right" even if you're wrong..........
  Well hey.....no problem...depress yourselves to your hearts content :) Arrivaderci, Sayonara, So long etc etc etc :-*

larryJ

Good morning, Billy.  I was worried the other day because I hadn't seen any posts from you.  Glad to see you are still alive and kicking.  

As far as health care and taking care of your own, I think we may have had this conversation last year when you stated that you would not depend on outside help in your later years and I think I said you must save a ton of money to be able to take care of yourself.

Here is an interesting story for you.

A few weeks ago, my wife and I took our 4 year old granddaughter to the park.  While we watched her play, a "person" came along, slowly, in a wheelchair.  First looks told us this "person" was obviously retarded.  I guessed the age maybe in the late teens.  A caretaker came along to keep the "person" in the wheelchair from rolling off into the sand of the playground.  My wife engaged the caretaker in conversation (she is extremely good at that) and we found out that this "person" was actually a 24 year old woman who had suffered a massive stroke and was now a paraplegic who had no clue who she was or where she was.  She had no living relatives to take care of her and so, was a ward of the state.  The caretaker told us that she was a volunteer taking care of those who could not help themselves.

The reason I called her a "person" is because her hair was short and I couldn't tell whether this  was a boy or girl.  Then I looked at my granddaughter and prayed silently that nothing like that would ever happen to her and if it did, there would be someone to care for her.

We can't always control what will happen in our lives.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Varmit

Obama has stated that he wants a board or a committee set up to evaluate the treatments folks will recieve, on wether or not they will improve a patients condition in the long run.  Do you honestly expect them to authorize a hip or knee replacement, or pacemaker, for a senior that may only have 4 or 5 years left, even with the surgery?  No, I don't think so.  They will tell them to just take the painkillers.  As for doctors telling a patient that nothing more can be done...I don't know about you, but I would find another doctor. 

Teresa

Rep. Tom Price of Georgia admonishes the Democrat government-takeover of health care.

Congresssman Tom Price appeared on Fox News with Sean Hannity to discuss the non-stimulus bill, which was pushed through Congress by Democrats without allowing time for a full reading of the bill's text.

Though Congress voted unanimously to a searchable electronic version of the bill online for 48 hours before taking any further action, Democrats ignored the vote. The bill text was finalized just before midnight on Thursday, and Democrats passed the bill the following afternoon. 

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

larryJ

Thanks, Teresa.  I am ashamed to admit that I don't pay much attention to how the Congress works.  And, I would imagine that most Americans don't either unless it is something really big like this health reform bill. 

For those of this forum, I would suggest that if you are truly worried about how this bill is being handled, sit down right now and post a letter to your Congressman and express your displeasure.  I am not one to do that, but I will in this case.  It is absolutely absurd how this is being handled.  When I made the original post, I thought it was just something to read.  I am astounded by the way this has developed.  I don't know if my letter will make a difference.  But, I think something is being shoved down my throat or up somewhere else, and I don't like it.
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk