Elk Co Campgrounds

Started by Roma Jean Turner, August 04, 2009, 02:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

My husband and I have my daycare in town in Howard with huge yard, too if none if those options work.  There is power and water that you could use.  I am only there during the day.  There are all kinds of options out there for you.  So you must come visit us!!! :laugh: :angel:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Rudy Taylor

OK, folks ... that last post by Angie is the very reason we ALL live in rural Kansas.

Hospitality deeeeeeluxe!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Tobina+1

Alright... I'll one-up Angie, then...

Roma Jean, you are also welcome to stay at the Norris House in rural Howard/Moline.  We live 7 miles from Howard and 10 miles from Moline, which can both be reached by driving senic, winding, rural roads.
You can camp in a secluded wooded area next to Clear Creek and sleep to the sounds of flowing water and lowing cattle in the background.
In the morning, you can take a short hike to the Norris house for a hearty country breakfast.  Amenities of the Norris house include running hot water, private shower, cable TV, air conditioning, and free wireless internet.
:P   ;D

Teresa

Thats it!!!  I'm not Roma Jean.. But I'm in!!! ;D ;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

Last I heard Moline lake is now state run and you don't need a permit.  You might want to bring a weedeater or lawnmower though, maintance is somewhat lacking.  Also, watch for snakes around the jetties, but it does have some pretty good fishing, espcially on the back side of the lake, near the dam.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Roma Jean Turner

WOW!!!!!!!!! You guys thanks for all the offers and help.  When i get ready to come, I'll take someone up on one of those offers, that will be fun.  I am going to wait until the weather is cooler.  You are right Rudy, about rural Kansas.  The older I get the more I appreciate it.  I would like to come when I can bring my mandolin and sit in with pickers some Thursday night in Moline, if they are still doing that.

dnalexander

Quote from: Tobina+1 on August 07, 2009, 10:02:40 AM
Alright... I'll one-up Angie, then...

Roma Jean, you are also welcome to stay at the Norris House in rural Howard/Moline.  We live 7 miles from Howard and 10 miles from Moline, which can both be reached by driving senic, winding, rural roads.
You can camp in a secluded wooded area next to Clear Creek and sleep to the sounds of flowing water and lowing cattle in the background.
In the morning, you can take a short hike to the Norris house for a hearty country breakfast.  Amenities of the Norris house include running hot water, private shower, cable TV, air conditioning, and free wireless internet.
:P   ;D

I can see it now.  30 years in the future  "+1 Norris" will be running the family business. A destination ranch where people from all over the world come to experience the Midwest\Prairie\Kansas life preserved from a bygone era. I really am not kidding too much. I would love to see this happen. ;D

David

Roma Jean Turner

That is a great idea.  A refuge for road raged city dwellers.

Tobina+1

Hee, hee.  I thought it sounded more romantic than saying, "hey come stay at our house, down by the crick, with the cattle and the insects, eat some cereal at the house, and then drive the gravel roads to town."

See, just goes to show that you can make ANYTHING sound good! 

Also, the Moline city lake has been pretty popular for campers this summer.  I've driven by quite a few times and saw lots of tents set up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk