Cash for Clunkers.

Started by Teresa, August 02, 2009, 06:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Glenn Beck on his July 31 TV program had a segment about the Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS) Web site, "Cash for Clunkers."  He demonstrated what a Web browser would encounter when logging on to the system.

THIS IS A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"A warning box comes up, and it says, 'This application provides to the DoT CARS system. When logged on to the CARS system, your computer is considered a federal computer system and it is property of the United States government,'" Beck read. "'Any and all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized CARS, DoT and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.'"
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Catwoman

Hmmmmm...Wonder how they will explain this one away? 

Varmit

Was it just me or did anyone else catch the sort of hidden warning there?  Glenn touched on it when he talked about the czars.  It really is quite clever when you think about it.  The gov't sets up this "clunkers" deal and gets people to go to their website which gives the gov't the authority to search your computer, see all of your emails, postings, etc.  I tell ya, it is getting to the point that people need to start more "face to face" discussions and not rely on technology so much.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on August 02, 2009, 09:31:25 PM
Was it just me or did anyone else catch the sort of hidden warning there?  Glenn touched on it when he talked about the czars.  It really is quite clever when you think about it.  The gov't sets up this "clunkers" deal and gets people to go to their website which gives the gov't the authority to search your computer, see all of your emails, postings, etc.  I tell ya, it is getting to the point that people need to start more "face to face" discussions and not rely on technology so much.

I haven't seen the vid yet, but the government already has that authority, they were given it under the patriot act.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Gotta love Unix ;)  I can control and stop any interference whatsoever.   
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Anmar

Does it really stop IP tracking by your ISP?  what about banner ads and all that?  I'm curious.

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on August 02, 2009, 10:16:42 PM
Does it really stop IP tracking by your ISP?  what about banner ads and all that?  I'm curious.

I can lock down the OS to prevent ip tracking, java tracking,   any kind of tracking.   I also don't have to worry about virus's either so i dont have to pay extortion fees to mcafee and other antivirus companies.
Banner ads, are relatively simple to stop.  THey come in through a third party link other than the page your visiting and all you have to do is deny them. 

Plus i can run windoze software in a window if i so desire.   I can mask my ip address so that you can't see it going out, and i can also encrypt the tcp traffic as well as the udp traffic so that no one can snoop my packets.

Teresa

Quote from: srkruzich on August 03, 2009, 03:52:29 PM
so that no one can snoop my packets.

.. I don't want to "sniff your packets"".. 

Ohhhhh...my mistake... you said Snoop.. yeah.. snoop.. not sniff...  ;D ;D
Well in my opinion.. there is nothing worse than a packet snooper sniffer.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Anmar

Quote from: Anmar on August 02, 2009, 10:16:42 PM

I can lock down the OS to prevent ip tracking, java tracking,   any kind of tracking.   I also don't have to worry about virus's either so i dont have to pay extortion fees to mcafee and other antivirus companies.
Banner ads, are relatively simple to stop.  THey come in through a third party link other than the page your visiting and all you have to do is deny them. 

Plus i can run windoze software in a window if i so desire.   I can mask my ip address so that you can't see it going out, and i can also encrypt the tcp traffic as well as the udp traffic so that no one can snoop my packets.

Awesome, i guess i need to switch.  It's so hard these days to prevent government and corporation from tracking us.

srkruzich

Quote from: Teresa on August 03, 2009, 04:45:36 PM
so that no one can snoop my packets.

.. I don't want to "sniff your packets"".. 

Ohhhhh...my mistake... you said Snoop.. yeah.. snoop.. not sniff...  ;D ;D
Well in my opinion.. there is nothing worse than a packet snooper sniffer.

LOL well i have had folks try to sniff my packets and they usually get routed off somewhere in EBF Egypt :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk