Quiet Town

Started by Teresa, November 16, 2004, 10:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

All seems to be quiet in Howard tonight...
Only the stillness of the almost spring-like night..surrounded by darkness~~ with the sounds of soft, gentle falling of rain.
How lucky and blessed we are to live in such a peaceful location.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Oh yes.  A quiet town.  How I love the pace of this community.  I think alot of us are tired of the rain and it doesn't look like it is going to let up very soon.  However; it has been a quiet day.  It is almost surreal.  It reminds me of Snoopy when he is in his writing mood..."It was a dark and stormy night."  The next thought should be about Snoopy never being able to finish his book because we have lost our Charles Shultz to heaven where he is writing Charlie Brown comic strips for God.

DanCookson

Reminds me of snoopy when he would get on the Red Baron gear and fly around in his dog house.  My goat is trying to get me to het him a house that will fly, but I don't think he would be a talented pilot. ??? ???

NATCH

YOUR DUMB GOAT COULD NEVER FLY
ITS NOT EVEN SMART ENOUGH TO BREAK OUT OF ITS PEN

Janet Harrington

Well, the goat could take lessons from the Red Baron.  He flew that doghouse alot.

Teresa

Goats are only as smart as their owners!!!   :-\
I rest my case.  8)

Janet Harrington

Well, ya don't know, this goat might be special.  Billy Goat Gruff was special, ya know.

jpbill

Having abandoned the small town life for the city over 40 years ago, I still long for and enjoy the quietness of the small town.  If I was only smart enough to learn how to make a living in the small town.  O well, retirement is coming.  Maybe then.

Teresa

I don't think "smartness" has anything to do with it..
You just need to learn to live in poverty.  :D
oh yeah~ and learn to like it.  ;)
Guess I do, cause this is the only place that I want to live.. 8)

Janet Harrington

Now to get back to the goats.  A quiet small town allows goats as pets. People can have them in their front yard, back yard, side yard, use the neighbor's yard.  Nobody complains, usually.  I would sure like to see the goat that belongs to Natch.  On second thought, maybe not.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk