Obama's All-Star Pitch

Started by Warph, July 15, 2009, 02:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Those of you who watched the beginning of the All Star game last night will have noticed that, when Obama threw the first pitch, the camera shot was a close-up that made it impossible to see whether his pitch was on target.  I found this odd as hell.  There is nothing wrong with a politician throwing a bad pitch, the point being, is not Obama's poor pitch, but rather the MEDIA in preventing people from seeing it.... I'll make an educated guess that this was done at the insistence of the White House to prevent embarrassment in case Obama's pitch was a poor one.  To be sure, the White House ultimately could not prevent everyone from seeing a bad pitch... YouTube and all of that.... but using a bizarre camera angle in real time would minimize the number who saw a miscue.

As it turned out, Obama's pitch failed to reach home plate.  Albert Pujols, as Obama's catcher, had stationed himself on the plate, rather than behind it like normally and still had to lurch forward in the hope of preventing a bounce.  He almost succeeded.  Pujols, of course, is a first baseman.  But he is venerated in St. Louis, so the White House chose to make him a prop for the president.  Anyway... all I ask is that, if a president chooses to take the mound, we get to see what he delivers when he delivers it, Okay!

Obama's pitch... listen to the boos... like they go on forever... and forever... forever....

This is the way it should have been.  Remember the perfect strike back in 2001?

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Anmar

no sound on the Obama vid warph.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk