Don't Start any long books 'cause Time is Running Out!

Started by Warph, July 13, 2009, 10:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Nah, Slappy is onto you, pal.  He ain't gonna fork over five bucks for a book that he doesn't care about. 

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

larryJ

Here is an interesting thought for you. 

What if you bought a book about the end of the world and in the preface it states that when you finish the book the world will end just like the book.  Would you still read it?  Or maybe just not finish it?  OR, what if someone else reads it, will your world end or just theirs?

I spent a lot of time in the sun today watching my granddaughter play sports and learn how to swim and I think I have sunstroke!

Larryj

sixdogsmom

Edie

Teresa

I've got and read 3 of the books about the Mayan prophecy. not easy reads by a long shot.. but very very interesting..

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Warph

Quote from: larryJ on July 14, 2009, 06:11:57 PM
Here is an interesting thought for you. 
What if you bought a book about the end of the world and in the preface it states that when you finish the book the world will end just like the book.  Would you still read it?  Or maybe just not finish it?  OR, what if someone else reads it, will your world end or just theirs?
I spent a lot of time in the sun today watching my granddaughter play sports and learn how to swim and I think I have sunstroke!
Larryj

Ah, but they say there is a book out there in Wonderland, Larry.... just like the way you described, tho' I have never read it.... it is called "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream" by Barry Hussein Obama
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Thanks for the info. Warph.  I didn't know that book existed.  I probably won't read it either considering who wrote it. 

Teresa, I am only "funnin" here.  I didn't mean to upset anyone. 

Besides, if the world were to end, nobody would be able to stop it and we might not even know it happened.  OR, maybe it has already ended and we are just fooling ourselves here. 

Is there a cure for sunstroke?  or brain malfunction (mine)?  Or, Lunacy (me)? 

Come on, my friends, lets smile and get on with life and make the best of it.  When I get to read all the wonderful posts on this forum, my day is starting out great.   

Thanks

Larryj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk