There Is No Law (Requiring Federal Income Tax)

Started by dnalexander, July 10, 2009, 03:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

http://www.truthattack.org/jml/index.php

There Is No Law
Every tax law must clearly and plainly identify three things:
1) The subject of the tax;
2) The amount of the tax; and
3)The persons or entities liable for the tax.
Even a cursory review of other tax laws, including all other federal tax laws (see list), makes it obvious that these three elements of any tax law must be present before any of us can determine that we owe a tax on what and for how much.
The income tax law, however, is the only instance where there is no clear liability provision applicable to those the IRS claims are liable for the tax.  Although partners are called liable for taxes on partnerships, that "liability" is only in their "individual capacity", and there is no provision making them liable in their "individual capacity." The only clear liability provision is § 1461, which specifically assigns liability for the tax to those required to withhold taxes on Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Corporations! Are you required to withhold taxes on a nonresident alien? A foreign corporation?
While 26 U.S.C. § 3403, which is not part of the income tax law, does require employers to withhold income tax owed by their employees, there is no law that makes the employee liable for the tax in the first place.
Thus, THERE IS NO LAW making the typical working American liable for any income tax.
But you don't have to take our word for it. You can check this for yourself! Search the Internal Revenue Code for "liable", then search for "must pay", "obligated to pay", then search for "responsible for payment" or any other configuration of words that would designate who is liable for the income tax. You will find plenty of liability provisions for other taxes, but not for the income tax. (See compilation of liability provisions)
So, do you owe an income tax? Are you among those required by law to pay an income tax?
All tax laws must be interpreted literally, what lawyers call "strict construction". You have a right to insist that the government obey the law and in the case of tax laws, the letter of the law. ACCORDING TO THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE unless you are withholding taxes on a nonresident alien or a foreign corporation, YOU ARE NOT LIABLE FOR AN INCOME TAX!
YOU DO NOT OWE AN INCOME TAX AND THE IRS HAS NO LAWFUL AUTHORITY FOR DEMANDING THAT YOU PAY AN INCOME TAX!!!
To learn more about this important TRUTH, read "The Memorandum".
http://www.truthattack.org/jml/images/stories/PDF/cryer_MEMORANDUM.pdf

I listened to this guy on a radio show last night. He makes a pretty good argument. I don't suggest anyone stop paying their taxes, but if he is right maybe this is the catalyst that will get our tax code reformed.

David

larryJ

Actually, David, there is a law requiring tax based on income.  The sixteenth amendment gives Congress the right to collect taxes on incomes.  Where the complexity begins is what incomes are truly taxable.  Having read the link you posted, I think Mr. Cryer is stating that the income he received in a certain matter was not taxable and that is what the court case was about.  However, ordinary incomes are taxable by law.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

dnalexander

Yes Larry the second link is about his specific case. If you look at the first link at the top there is much more info on his website where he goes into why there is no law including the 16th amendment. I just posted his words. As I said I don't advise anyone to stop paying their taxes.

David

Anmar

How many years in jail did Wesley Snipes get for not paying his taxes?  His lawyers tried to use this same argument.  If i'm not mistaken, Emerson was in a similar situation.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

larryJ

Oops!  I was up early and missed the link at the top.  Suffice to say, I will continue to pay my taxes until I can no longer feed myself and then I will willingly go to prison where I will get three squares a day.  LOL

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Catwoman

Not to mention the fact that you also get a free education while being incarcerated...And, free medical care....And free TV, free gym membership, and all the socializing that you are either allowed or are able to handle...Remind again why I am still paying on student loans???  OH...Yeah...I'm claustraphobic.

Varmit

Diane, did you know that there is a federal mandate requiring that cable television be provided to prisoners? 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Varmit

Well, cry me freakin river.  They are Criminals, they only thing they should be watching are hammers turning big rocks into small rocks!!  And that is only for the ones who have good behavior. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk