Howards Nasty Brown Stinking Water!!

Started by Teresa, July 06, 2009, 10:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

We stopped at Poplar's for lunch today following the parade.  They're not serving fountain drinks because of the water.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdtmv2003

Joanna

Ditto here. It is better than it was though, just not back to normal.

indygal

It's very strange how different the water is, depending on where you live. Ours was a little discolored for a few days and smelly/funny-tasting for several, but certainly not as severe as others have had it. I didn't have any laundry problems either. It did get really brown when the hydrant (or line?) was flushed. Our Wichita water was always like this when Cheney Reservoir turned and/or got algae bloom so maybe I was used to it? I haven't noticed that it's worsened lately, although the pets haven't been drinking the tap water the past few days. I'll be doing laundry in the morning, so I'll see how bad it is.

Teresa

Mine's still kinda brown, but it doesn't smell anymore. Sometimes I get a big whiff of "smell".. but then its gone. ( Maybe chunk of dead fish shot through the pipes.. LOL
Just kidding.  :)

Ours is better.. but I'm still sad about my laundry. I HAVE to use Clorox in my whites and all my massages sheets. And I can't. ..which means I  have dingy looking sheets and a huge portion of my whites are ruined.

I wonder if they will get the water manganese straightened out so we can at least have our clothes washing become normal again. 
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

hhjacobs

A product called Iron Out does make the clothes white again IF you have clean water to rinse them in. Do not throw away your clothes. Use Iron Out ( I have only found it at Dillons) when the water is back to normal . Or you can go to my sister house like I did. HA! HA!

hhjacobs

Let;s all write on our city bill when we pay it , PLEASE FIX THE WATER PROBLEM ASASP,. Maybe if we all do it and tell our neighors to do it they will fix the problem asasp.

Jo McDonald

The problem with that is --- the accusations from that fall on Kay and Becky.  The problem lies OUTSIDE THE CITY OFFICE.  How about everyone calling the council members and the Mayor- their phone numbers are available through the city office *   ( 374 2202 ) -  then telling THEM ( mayor and council) we are not happy with our city water problem not being taken care of ????? They are the only ones that have the power to activate the process to take care of this problem.  NOT the city clerk - Kay -  and the deputy clerk - Becky.  Take the complaint to the ones responsible to deal with the water superintendent.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

srkruzich

here's a solution.  Set up a escrow account, and everyone pay their water bill into that escrow account.  water department gets paid via escrow, money is released to them contingent upon the problem being fixed.  IF they need money to fix the problem then pay for the fix out of the escrow account.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk