Weather

Started by Jane, July 04, 2009, 06:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Jane it is 100 here today and forecast is for 100+ tomorrow. Tell Rex hello and to keep cool from us.
Frank

Teresa

Its so hot in Texas.......................................

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

dnalexander

To go along with Teresa's funny Texas popcorn picture I will add this. I am not sure people in my area will see the humor in this but I know Warph in Arizona and my Kansas\Midwest friends will see it.

Today my city recorded(according to the news) a record rainfall for this date of .04". Depending on what time people here got up the moisture on the ground could have been confused for our summer marine layer (fog) , the street sweeper washing the street, or not even noticed.

David

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

.04 inches?  That's like condensation on a humid day around here!   ;D

sixdogsmom

Wow! No wonder the area has wildfires, the splatter off the little fountain I have on my patio makes about that much moisture.  :o
Edie

Ms Bear

It is hot and very dry here in Texas.  My dog is only eating about half as much as usual and knows where all the shady places are at.  About the only difference between our heat here in Texas and the heat in Arizona is we do have shade here, Arizona doesn't.

Ms Bear

One summer when I was in high school it was so hot in Arizona that the farm workers could only work at night, it was to hard on the equipment to work in the daytime heat.  My fathers boss told all workers that if they wanted to go to town to go before 7 am, 135 miles to Pheonix, and if they couldn't come home that night after dark to stay in town the next day and come home after dark so as not to be on the highway in the heat.  It was 123 by 10 or 11 am every day for almost three weeks.

Jane

Well lets see, I have a sister in law and a good friend that lives in AZ. When they come back here the humidity kills them. When it is a 100
here it is only 90 there. Also they have umbrella's and pools which is where my sister in law stays. The last I knew neither one of them were vampires. I can not believe that all the people that live in AZ only come out at NIGHT.

Jane

Received some ran last night and it was much needed. We were in Howard this week end and it was dryer there then here so did you get some rain last night? Everyone with beans said it needed to rain.
Jane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk