Weather

Started by Jane, July 04, 2009, 06:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

It is 1:20 a.m. and it's raining .. no not raining.. POURING! and I mean pouring down rain. in huge sheets of rain.
Its been raining for the past few hours..but it has been thundering and pouring buckets for the past 30 minutes solid.
This will be a frog strangler.. Now itis just hammering down even harder and there went the lights almost ...better post and get off here..

bye
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

greatguns

Piedmont got the hail and plenty of rain.

Mom70x7

Anybody have totals?

QuoteThis will be a frog strangler
The swimming pool had frogs this morning - quite a few, maybe as many as a dozen. Very unusual. All were alive and assisted out of the pool.  :D

Tobina+1

When I used to lifeguard, we'd find frogs in the pool after a storm, too.  Odd.

I don't think we got as much rain out here West of Howard.  Good thing... my hubby is loading out 18 semi loads of yearlings this morning up on the hill!  If I wasn't working, I'd love to go up and get pictures.  What a sight to see, I'm sure!

Judy Harder

happy wet, soggy Tuesday.

I haven't heard what the official total here is, but my rain gauge had 3" +.....the plus was from the rain
earlier in the day and I do have a tree close to the guage so it may not be right.

When I got up around 1:30 our low places were totally flooded and it was very noisy...no not with thunder and lightning.....but just the amount of water falling out of the sky.

I didn't notice any wind with it............never had to shut windows........but I did have a limb down this morning.......but nothing else.
Guess that stops the haying for a few days.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Jo McDonald

We had 4 inches in our gauge and I talked to Chris over at the Elk City Lake and he said they had 4 1/4 inches.  We had hanging baskets
on the ground and our tomato plants were leaning to the left.  They must be democrat plants  ( UGH )   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D if we had know that we would have planted something else.  That is my giggle for the day, I guess - forgive me.  lol

But so glad we didn't get any hail, or I guess we didn't, I saw no evidence of any.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Tobina+1

Finally went out and looked at the gauge... 2-1/2" here West of Howard.  We did get quite a lot of wind, but no branches down in the yard.  I have leaning hanging baskets (the shepherd's hooks are leaning from the soggy ground), but don't see much in the garden.  It's a little lower and more protected, though.
Hubby said it took them about an hour longer to load cattle due to the mud and the trucks having probs backing up.  Still 4 hours for 18 trucks is pretty good... about 13 minutes per semi.

indygal

I slept through nearly the whole thing. Only one blast of lightning and clap of thunder got my attention long enough to mutter "Well, that was respectable!" before I rolled over and went back to sleep.

greatguns

I had 3.5 inches of rain.  My tomatoes were leaning to the right!  Wait a minute if I face the other direction they are leaning to the left.  It doesn't matter because the hail knocked the tomatoes to the ground and off the vines.  My sister that lives at Latham said the wind flattened her corn.  Life goes on.

Rudy Taylor

There ... that's the answer for Jo!  If you think you're leaning to the left, just turn around.  Hey, it works for tomato plants!  LOL!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk