Demolished houses

Started by Joanna, June 24, 2009, 02:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

Is this going on in Grenola?  I've seen so many old abandoned and run down homes all over the place.  It's really saddenning actually.  When i was out here a few years ago the town seemed healthier
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

sixdogsmom

Unfortunately Anmar, when Jim Sweet passed away the upkeep in Grenola seems to have come to a halt. He spent many many unpaid hours trying to restore the town. Also when the old bank building burned, I think that kind of took the heart from the place. When a town no longer has a grocery, school, restraunt, gas station, or bank it is pretty much kaput.
Edie

Jane

I will admit things are looking better in Howard with some of the falling down houses gone. The Nazarene Church at Perry and Adams is down and I guess they were taking some of the nails out of the boards this week. The only problem is it shows just how many people no longer live in Howard. That is sad. :'(
Jane

Tobina+1

Yes, Jane, it does show how many people no longer live in Howard... but it's also making room for more/new people to appreciate the cleanliness of the town and entice them to live here!  I imagine that few people want to buy a lot with an old abandonded house that they'll have to tear down before they can build, but it looks better if they can buy a clean, empty lot where they can build what suits them!

STAY WITH US AS WE GROW!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk