Main Menu

pneumat

Started by Roma Jean Turner, December 12, 2009, 01:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

My Uncle Dean taught me how to make a crystal radio set, he learned how while he was a prisoner of war.  I know we used a block of wood and tacked a razor blade to it, the coil and wires were connected to that and a large safety pin which was bent and tacked to the board.  A lead out of a lead pencil was wrapped around the point of the safety pin with wire.  You then used that to tune in the signal. Of course the headphones were wired up to this as well as an antenna which we put up in a tree.  Can't remember exactly how he made the coil.  Anyway it worked.  I also had one of the battery operated leather portable radios.  There was just enough room above the battery pack, I think, to stash a pack of cigarettes.  I would sometimes sneak out in the middle of the night to have a little smoke while everyone else was sleeping.  Always the rebel.  Ha, ha.

Roma Jean Turner

Sorry folks, this should have gone on the Pnuematic Cashier message, but somehow it ended up like this and won't let me delete the message.  Anyway, blah, blah, blah

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk