another slice of wry

Started by larryJ, June 24, 2009, 04:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

I am trying to shut down the computer or change to another thread before he comes back in.  He will be highly offended by your remark and may take it out on me.  My arms are already scarred from his overzealous playful biting.  I would hate to see him when he is really ticked.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

He would be cute with a little itty bitty dog sled, but you don't have any snow do ya?

larryJ

You should see him with his coat on.  Nope, no snow here.  In fact, I had to look the word up in the dictionary.  Right next to the word was a map of Delaware.

Larryj

Diane Amberg

;D ;D ;D We do have our moments, but usually don't get big bomber blizzards. 4-6 inches is pretty common. We escaped much of anything last winter.

larryJ

My son opted to attend Bryant College in Rhode Island his freshman year.  That year Rhode Island received 107 inches of snow.  Being a Southern California boy born and raised next to some of the best beaches in the world, he chose to come home to a school here for the rest of his college career. 

Larryj

Diane Amberg

larryJ

Today's--------------------------------------his mother didn't raise no dummies

A police recruit had done well on his written exams and now he was sailing through his final interview.  The captain saved the toughest question for last.

"What would you do," he asked, peering over the rim of his glasses, "if you had to arrest your own mother?"

The recruit stiffened; thought for a second, then answered.

"Call for backup."

In 1872, suffragist Susan B. Anthony defied the law by attempting to vote for President Ulysses S. Grant.  (Anthony was convicted by a judge and fined $100, but never paid the fine).

In 1940, President Franklin D. Roosevelt won an unprecedented third term in office as he defeated Republican challenger Wendell L. Wilkie.

Today----------Actress Elke Sommer is 69, Singer Art Garfunkel is 68, Actor Sam Shepard is 66 and Singer Peter Noone is 62

Larryj

W. Gray

Eh, Elke Sommer couldn't be that old--could she?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

larryJ

From Wikipedia---

Elke Sommer (born 5 November 1940), born Elke Schletz, is a German-born actress, entertainer, and artist.

You can put her name in your search engine for the full article on her life.

Larryj

W. Gray

I was being facetious.

I first saw her in the 1963 war movie, The Victors, and again in A Shot in the Dark the next year.

She was a heart throb. Seems like yesterday.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk