Demolished houses

Started by Joanna, June 24, 2009, 02:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heather_tyler_2014

Indygal: She's soo thankful for Roland doing all this. I think he definetly needs a BIG hand. And all his help! My Uncle's daughters are going to be in a BIG shock!
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Rudy Taylor

Very noticeable.

Impressive.

Keep up the good work.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

indygal

Heather, now that the house is gone, we're all in a bit of shock! It looks so different and so much better. Again, we thank your mom for her willingness to take this on. All over town people are tearing down or fixing up....lots of positive changes!

jprxmkt

YES, a huge thank you to Roland, Christy and Don and anyone else involved in these demolitions.  I keep intentionally driving by some of these properties just so I can smile again at how beautiful an empty lot can be!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Teresa

Quote from: jprxmkt on July 08, 2009, 08:41:39 PM
YES, a huge thank you to Roland, Christy and Don and anyone else involved in these demolitions.  I keep intentionally driving by some of these properties just so I can smile again at how beautiful an empty lot can be!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

I second and third that statement.. What a breath of fresh air it is to see the clean lots.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

indygal

Amen! And we are so grateful to all who took on these big projects and completed them so quickly, and to the city council for making it happen. The property across from us looks great, and even the trees were undisturbed during the process. It just makes a world of difference. It also seems to be contagious: I'm noticing a lot more people cleaning up, fixing up, etc. One thing is for sure: everyone in Howard benefits from it.

PrehistoricRez

Quote from: indygal on July 09, 2009, 10:43:20 AM
Amen! And we are so grateful to all who took on these big projects and completed them so quickly, and to the city council for making it happen. The property across from us looks great, and even the trees were undisturbed during the process. It just makes a world of difference. It also seems to be contagious: I'm noticing a lot more people cleaning up, fixing up, etc. One thing is for sure: everyone in Howard benefits from it.

or its the fear of being fined.  Someone should tear down the big falling down victorian houses on east randolph. how about the school too while we are at it

Tobina+1

Quote from: PrehistoricRez on July 10, 2009, 02:00:21 PM
or its the fear of being fined. 

Either way, progress is good.  It's too bad people can't take enough pride in their homes and town that there HAS to be a threat of being fined, though.  Maybe, like someone mentioned, that the pride-bug is catching and everyone will do their part to clean up.

Wilma

While we are talking about pride in appearances, I want to mention a yard that is as eye-catching as a picture in a flower magazine.  I don't know whose it is or the exact address, but it is on the SE corner of an intersection with E. Jefferson.  I think it is about two blocks east of Wabash.  We came by there the other day and it was just beautiful.  I would nominate it for yard of the summer if we were having a contest.

Tobina+1

Hey, I thought Elk Konnected WAS doing a contest??  We need to get on that PEPPY guy; wasn't he talking about it last fall?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk