NY Daily News blames "Gun Culture" for McNairs death

Started by Kjell H., July 06, 2009, 04:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjell H.

QuoteHe came from the Friday night lights of John Brewer Field to being the kind of football star and sports celebrity he became in Nashville. Now he dies in a Nashville condominium with a 20-year-old woman not his wife, multiple gunshot wounds, one to the head, the young woman dead there next to him.

The gun was found next to the woman, Sahel Kazemi. Where did the gun come from? Where it always comes from: Somewhere.

Once I asked one of McNair's high school coaches, a man named Madison Magee, what the next biggest thing was to happen in Mount Olive after Steve McNair and the man said, "Nothin'."

He bought a big spread for his mother there, a 600-acre ranch, made millions playing pro football, even if he had to quit younger than a lot of other quarterbacks because he was just too beat up, like a fighter who took too many punches. Even after he stopped playing he was a big guy in Nashville. This weekend he was famous again, this time as a crime statistic, homicide victim, dead by gun. ...

There were so many wonderful statistics attached to McNair's career, the most important being the one Super Bowl, the four Pro Bowls to which he was selected, all the games he won. But the last was the only one that mattered. He is the 36th homicide victim in Nashville this year. That is down from 41 at the same time last year.

Only in a country of gun lovers is that considered progress.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/06/new-york-daily-news-blames-gun-culture-for-mcnair-murder/

Further details:

"McNair, who was married with four sons, had a permit to carry a handgun in Tennessee, and he was arrested once before with a 9mm weapon although charges in the case were dropped. Police said they had not yet determined who owned the gun found at the scene."

"McNair and Kazemi were together Thursday night when she was pulled over driving that Escalade. She was arrested on a DUI charges, and he was allowed to leave in a taxi even though he was charged with drunken driving in 2007 when his brother-in-law was stopped for DUI while driving McNair's pickup truck."

So we will probably learn that he was probably shot with his own gun by his "other" woman and (how much do you want to bet) that alcohol and/or drugs were probably involved?

But.....As always it must be the fault of the gun. The psycho that pulled the trigger could not possibly be expected to bear ANY responsibility for the actions of the evil gun. Lifestyle had absolutely NOTHING to do with it..........it's the GUN, people, the GUN............always the GUN.

Typical NY crap.. >:(

Marshal Halloway

Teresa

As for NYC and anything that comes from the "Hell on Earth" and their newspapers and politicians I could care less about. Hard to believe a city of that magnitude is overwhelmed by the ignorant..
Think he might have told the girlfriend it was over and that nasty gun just had a mind of it's own... ::)

I personally am going to blame the zipper industry.  If only they had developed a zipper with a safety catch, limited length, and if the government would have implemented a limit on the number of zippered pants a man could purchase in a month this never would have happened.  Come on everyone, let's band together and get safer pants and reasonable regulations on what men can do with their zippers down, and we will bring an end to these senseless deaths   ;)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

Tulsa Oklahoma has had 34 Homicides in 2009 thru June 30, 2009. Of the 34 Homicides 24 died from Gunshot, Beatings killed 4, 3 were burned to death, 2 were stabbed, 1 was "Shaken Baby Syndrome". In a recent article the Tulsa police stated that many of the homicides involved drug use or a dispute over drugs. In almost every case that was by shooting the possession of the gun was not legal. The point being restriction of guns by honest law-abiding citizens would only make them more vulnerable to crime. Drug dealers,  bank robbers, felons and other criminals are the only people who will benefit from gun control laws.

Wilma

Teresa, I think that zipper control is more important than gun control, too.  Might make gun control obsolete.

Varmit

Teresa and wilma, don't you two know anything???  You don't need to fear the man with a hundred differet zippers, you should be afraid of the man who only has one, but knows how to use it ;) ;)
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

dnalexander

For every zipper that goes down there is a skirt that went up. ( I can't believe I just posted this comment, but I think it fits)

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk