Government regulated tobacco industry

Started by larryJ, June 22, 2009, 09:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on June 27, 2009, 08:09:34 AM
Quote from: srkruzich on June 26, 2009, 10:18:18 PM
Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 26, 2009, 08:25:52 PM
I doubt anybody is going to force the tobacco companies to fess up to all the stuff that's in a cigarette besides the tobacco. The various kinds of cigarettes have recipes that I doubt they would share. Some even have molasses in them. The tobacco grown north of us is cigar wrapper tobacco.The Amish here still use the big slatted drying barns to hang it in after harvest. 

You know i don't know why it matters if they fess up or not.  They sold a product.  People chose to use that product despite the warnings.  Why should they be held liable for peoples choices and furthermore its not the Governments job to interfere in peoples choices. 

The person that smokes does not just injure himself/herself.  That is the justification for government intervention, furthermore it causes economic damage to the healthcare system in providing maintenance to the person's health later in life.

Well theres no proof anymore since they busted that theory that second hand smoke causes all those problems a few years ago.  Economic damages?   Ok if you say so.  Isn't the healthcare industry a business?  Provides jobs, creates cash. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

kshillbillys

It's been several hours. Am doing pretty good actually. Have only wanted to strangle people 2 or 3 times (Just haven't actually done it!!)...It's hard to keep the hands busy. It's also very hard to not reach for a cigarette after I'm done with a meal or driving in the car, but I've handled it so far. Decided to tell everyone I see that I've quit, that way I will be less likely to restart due to the failure factor.

Thanks all for your words of support!!! Indygal, you and hubby keep up the excellent work!! This is hard but I can do it, and get by with a little help from my friends!!!   :laugh:
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

indygal

Hang in there, KS...if you want a great source of online support, go to Become An EX (becomeanex.org)  It has lots of good info, coping mechanisms, and an online community of folks going through the same challenges. It really has helped me a lot.

sixdogsmom

A bonus for you both! Clean tasting kisses and a great smelling house! Very cool-----  8) 8)
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk