Americans

Started by flo, June 19, 2009, 12:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Living the pledge?  What if the founding fathers had
been "living the pledge"?

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3296

Wilma

Flo, I agree with you.  Too many of our younger people don't know what "living the pledge" means.  Or maybe they don't know the meaning of the word "allegiance".  Allegiance means helping your drunk buddy get home safely, and not dragging his sorry butt through the mud on the way.

pamsback

kshillbillys

Am I wrong or is it the left wing liberal Democrats that want the Pledge of Allegiance taken out of school because it has the word God in it? Now ya'll are bitching about the "young" kids not saying the Pledge or Living the Pledge? Comes back to bite ya'll in the ass don't it?
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

redcliffsw

Is there something bad about removing the POA from the schools?

Try this again:

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3296

frawin

What is the matter with you Conservative Right forum members you should be honoring the Flag just like Obama in the article quoted below:

Barack Obama Captured on Tape Not Putting His Hand Over His Heart During The National Anthem
Wednesday, October 24, 2007

ALAN COLMES, CO-HOST: Illinois Senator Barack Obama finds himself at the center of yet another controversy as conservatives continue their assault on his patriotism, if you can believe that.

The Democratic presidential hopeful is captured on film at a steak fry sponsored by Iowa Senator Tom Harkin. A closer look shows that Obama, unlike his Democratic colleagues, isn't putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem. Can you believe this? That's an outrage.

dnalexander

Quote from: frawin on June 20, 2009, 01:56:01 PM
What is the matter with you Conservative Right forum members you should be honoring the Flag just like Obama in the article quoted below:

Barack Obama Captured on Tape Not Putting His Hand Over His Heart During The National Anthem
Wednesday, October 24, 2007

ALAN COLMES, CO-HOST: Illinois Senator Barack Obama finds himself at the center of yet another controversy as conservatives continue their assault on his patriotism, if you can believe that.

The Democratic presidential hopeful is captured on film at a steak fry sponsored by Iowa Senator Tom Harkin. A closer look shows that Obama, unlike his Democratic colleagues, isn't putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem. Can you believe this? That's an outrage.

I learned my flag etiquette form my dad,mom, and in Scouts. I have added to it and found things that I did that were not proper etiquette buy reading and studying it as an adult. Just when I think I know everything I find something else that I do that is not proper. On the flag I tend to be sentimental and like to revel in the history and in tradition. That is just my preference.

To make a long story short. At one point during Scouts the topic of NOT putting your hand over your heart came up. My mom told me that as a girl she was taught that is was not necessary to do so. That is what Obama said as his reason and he learned it from his grandparents who where from Peru very near Howard Would I not put my hand over my heart. No. Is it a breach of flag etiquette. Yes. Is it offensive, depends on the intent of the person doing it. Real patriotism is in the mind and heart not in etiquette. I still take time to show people proper flag etiquette, hold a flag raising ceremony on all national holidays, post a flag at my place everyday, talk to people about proper flag etiquette and why I love the traditions for what they mean.

David

pamsback

Quote from: kshillbillys on June 20, 2009, 11:41:42 AM
Am I wrong or is it the left wing liberal Democrats that want the Pledge of Allegiance taken out of school because it has the word God in it? Now ya'll are bitching about the "young" kids not saying the Pledge or Living the Pledge? Comes back to bite ya'll in the ass don't it?

Who you callin a left wing liberal democrat? My Mother?You are barkin up the WRONG tree BIGTIME

kshillbillys

Excuse me, but did I quote her or say her name?
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

flo

Quote from: flo on June 19, 2009, 09:38:51 PM
:-\ sorry you all missed my point.  It's not just saying the pledge of allegience to our Flag, it's living the pledge itself.  Pledging allegience to the Republic for which it stands, altho I guess nit-picking at everything the government does is nothing new, but holy cow, once in awhile I would like to read something good instead of something "found" on the internet to knock it - - Indivisible (that seems to be something nobody cares about anymore) - - Justice for ALL and now I'm out of here, AGAIN, and sorry for opening my mouth.

nowhere in this does it say anything about old or young people and absolutely NOTHING about taking God out of the pledge or taking the pledge out of schools. and to requote my last line, I'm out of here . . . . .
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk