Kansas Teacher Fired for Being Too Patroitic

Started by W. Gray, June 23, 2009, 01:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Catwoman

This doesn't surprise me.  School districts have always been a fishbowl for the teachers, where everything they did was up for inspection by the surrounding residents.  Yes, there has always been a moralities clause in every teachers' contract, which SHOULD be there, given that we teachers are entrusted with the future of our country.  However...To fire someone just because they're TOO patriotic??  Maybe the school official who was targeting this teacher should come up for a review...Sounds like she's not impartial enough to be an administrator.

redcliffsw

I forwarded this news item to a friend who had a similar matter with a school here in KS.
He is a West Pointer. 

He reminded me that Lawrence is the only communist town in Kansas.  Good description
for sure.

kshillbillys

At least he got his contract back for next year tho. Give him some time to really fight these morons!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Catwoman

To quote a favorite comic of mine..."You can't fix stupid"...The best thing that the teacher can do is find another town to teach in and get the heck out of there...And warn everyone about the pitfalls of teaching in that particular venue.  There are certain towns in Kansas that have reputations for being really, really political and most teachers avoid teachiing there. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk