Just A Thought

Started by sixdogsmom, June 11, 2009, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

I love all the technology and electronic messaging, BUT there is nothing like receiving a hand-written note to commemorate a birthday  or acknowledge a death of a loved one or just simply to say "thinking of you".  I miss those personal means of communicating that are becoming fewer and farther between.  When was the last time you received a letter in the mail from a faraway friend or relative? 

patyrn

Don't you think it is fun to get a personal note in this era?  I hope you enjoyed your mail!!!

kshillbillys

Being a mail carrier, I enjoy it when people send letters in the mail. But, it is becoming few and far between. I'm worried about the state of my future in the Postal Service just because of the computer. I don't pay any bills online just so I have to mail them. I know a lot of people don't want to be hassled with buying some stamps but come on...44 cents is a great bargain to be able to send a letter or card cross country and still have something to treasure and keep forever!-----Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

flo

Quote from: Joanna on June 12, 2009, 08:34:09 PM.
.......  That's why I want Jo to teach me how to make Strawberry Rhubarb Pie on a campfire before the earth switches it's axis and life as we know it changes.   

Joanna, there's still a couple pieces of the one I made yesterday, if you can get to them before Marvin does.  It's his favorite kind of pie.  If you want my recipe just let me know.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Joanna

OOOOhhh! Flo!  You read that book 'how to win friends & influence people' didn't you?  ;D ;D
I'll settle for the recipe if you'll share it, we have company tonight and I'm sure I won't make it over there before Marvin decides he needs another.  Thanks!

Jo McDonald

Hey--friend Flo,  Post the recipe on the forum .
Keep the pie for Marvin - share the recipe.   (that would make Marvin happy, I'm sure)
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk