Weather in Kansas Tonight?

Started by patyrn, June 15, 2009, 09:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Our Oklahoma weather map shows lots of weather activity going on in southeastern Kansas.  Any updates?

Ole Granny

I have water in my basement.  Comes down the hill and in the ground level basement door.  Just took a break and will finish cleaning it up now.  Many streets were impassible.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

patyrn

What town do you live in, Granny?

Ole Granny

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Tobina+1

Very busy weather night last night/yesterday.  2 tornadoes in NW Kansas (around Atwood and Goodland), tornadoes and large hail in SW KS (around Dodge City, I think), damaging winds in central KS (Hutch), tornadoes in SE KS (El Dorado, Eureka) along with damaging winds and hail.  CBS station had non-stop continuous storm coverage from at least 6:00 through 9:30.
Also damaging winds around Manhattan, even though that's not in the Wichita coverage area.  My sister had a tree fall on their house (again) and rain leaked down the walls and into the basement.  Luckily the basement area is unfinished and in the laundry room (drain in the floor), but they'll have to tear out some of the walls of their kitchen to get the wet insulation out before it molds.  A year and a half ago, parts of the same tree fell during the ice storm and pulled the power box off their house... a year ago during the tornado they had to replace their roof, and now this.  Unfortunately, in 3 different insurance claim years, too!
Sounds like maybe we'll be hot and dry the rest of the week?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk