Branding

Started by W. Gray, June 16, 2009, 09:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

That young lady said she was drunk and "slept" through the entire process - tattooing 54 (or 56) small stars on her face.
For those of you with tattoos - is that possible?

I saw a picture of her with the tattoos. Once you get over the whole idea, the tattoos are nicely done. They're only on one side, blue, different sizes. Some are filled in, some are outlines.

W. Gray

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Mom70x7

Wow - look at the tattoo-er! I hesitate to call him an artist. I think he did good work on the girl, but look at him! ! !

dnalexander

Branding is back? I thought that disappeared in the mid 90's. I can't even get used to the fact that women pierce their ears. How do you all do that? I would never be branded, get a tattoo, earring, tongue stud, peonies piercing, whatever they call that thing were you put the big wood thing in your ear that leaves a big hole. Just totally absurd to me, I do admit I have seen some beautiful tattoo's one of which was a beautiful tattoo of a Phoenix rising that cover the thigh of a female friend. Cost her $10,000 to have it removed by laser.  ???

David

pamsback

Yeah I don't get the branding, good for cows and horses lol. I have a big tattoo on my right shoulder, it has meaning to me and I would never have it removed. It's probly 10 inches tall and 4 or 5 inches wide of a medicine wheel, a warrior, a red-tailed hawk feather and a bear fetish. I love it. I have my ears pierced twice but those big plugs and stuff are kinda stupid lookin to me lol.

W. Gray

What I cannot stand is piercing of eyebrows, lips, and nipples.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Tobina+1

And don'th forgeth the tongueth, eitherth.  Ouchth.

indygal

Quotepeonies piercing

David, you made me do a spit-take. Oh, those wooden things in the ears are called plugs, and I think they are ugleeeee.....I have to wonder what those people are going to look like in their 60s and 70s, once their ears start to droop, with these horrible holes in them.

Speaking of tattoos, I had a friend who used to threaten she would get a tattoo of a yellow Labrador on her butt so that as she grew older it would look more like a Char-Pei.

Tobina+1

While I do think some tattoos are cool, I think that there should also be a certain level of professionalism to getting them.  Meaning, if you work in a professional environment, don't get tattoos that extend down your arms/hands or up your neck.  That's something that a lot of kids don't really think about when they get them.  Also, if you're going to get something obscene, please cover them up in public. 

As for brands; I haven't seen any in person... only on TV during NBA basketball games...

And I don't understand the big holes in ears, either.  I think the idea is to keep putting larger items in it to make the hole bigger... but they never shrink back!  I saw a guy once who had taken all that stuff out and his ears were just odd looking; lots of extra skin just hanging down his neck.  Reminds me of the song, "Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro, can you tie them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow..."   ;D

pamsback

Quote from: indygal on June 18, 2009, 09:52:22 AM
Quotepeonies piercing

David, you made me do a spit-take. Oh, those wooden things in the ears are called plugs, and I think they are ugleeeee.....I have to wonder what those people are going to look like in their 60s and 70s, once their ears start to droop, with these horrible holes in them.

Speaking of tattoos, I had a friend who used to threaten she would get a tattoo of a yellow Labrador on her butt so that as she grew older it would look more like a Char-Pei.

Just like the people in National Geographic who do it because it is their culture ............lol....they don't worry about what it looks like cause it's normal to them.

I feel the same way about my tattoo :) I was in my 40s when I got it and I didn't get it for looks so I really don't care what it's gonna look like when I'm 70 lol. My boys have tattoos..I made them wait till they were 18 and could pay for it themselves and I say the same thing to Ashley...most of the stuff they wanted to do when they were 15 and 16 didn't seem like all that good an idea by the time they got to 18 and they didn't do it.

Tattoos really don't bother me so I've never seen the need for people to cover them up. I have to wonder about the people who pierce their heads so much they have 40 or 50 rings and bars and stuff hangin off their heads.....doesn't really BOTHER me I just wonder what the heck they do it for.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk