New Kansas Law

Started by Tobina+1, June 02, 2009, 04:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Granny

I believe the new law is not in effect in the city limits which would exclude the multiple lanes.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Mom70x7

QuoteWe have a new law here too. If road crews, police or emergency workers are on the road edge, you have to move over if there is a free lane to do so, or slow way down until you are past them.

We got that law last year (or was it 2 years ago?).

I confess - I'm sometimes a left-lane driver, going the speed limit. If I know my exit is left, I'll go ahead and get in that lane. I don't like having to wait until just before the exit. Oh well, I guess I'll change. :)

greatguns

The new law starts July 1st, but only warnings until July of 2010, then the $60 fine kicks in.  Diane we already have that law in place in Kansas.  Sometimes it is hard to tell that we do.

sixdogsmom

Yes we have the move left law for awhile now, and people seem to be really watching it. Now we have a move right law, next year it will be right down the center! LOL!
Edie

Wilma

I heard the law as applying to multiple lanes outside urban areas.  Inside urban areas, if you are not in the lane you need to be in to make your exit turn, you might not be able to get to that lane in time to make the exit.  Actually, most exits are the right hand lane anyway.  City streets are a different story, but this law does not apply to city streets.

greatguns

No,no,no.  Now I can move to the left without running into that other person! ;D ;D

Jo McDonald

There are many signs that say " Left lane for passing only".
I don't understand what part of that drivers don't understand.  My pet peeve are the left laners --- staying even with the one on the right and a whole line of traffic behind them... Don't they ever have a clue what they are doing, and don't they ever use their rear view mirror for anything other than to put on their lipstick - or the guy to check his hair?
I am SOOOO happy to have this new law and hopefully it will be put into effect.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

I'm so with you on this one Jo!

flintauqua

The place that always concerned me was the two different places going up the hills to Beaumont on 400.  The second "passing lane" for the westbound (uphill) traffic, is also the passing lane for the eastbound (downhill) traffic, as they have a broken yellow line.

indygal

QuoteIts a "free" passing lane..
if you want or need to pass.. use the left lane.. if not.. keep your hinny in the right!

Trouble is, most people I see in the left lane aren't there because they're passing. It's because they're speeding and the speed limit isn't fast enough for them. I'd venture to guess if you were to count how many drivers on a given highway are going under the speed limit in the right lane and how many are going over the limit in the left ... give me a break already.

I'm happy to see this law go into effect. And I hope Tobina is right in that all those tickets (I won't be getting! Ha!) will help fill city coffers.

Oh, and I NEVER want to live where there are more than three lanes going one way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk