Just like family

Started by Rudy Taylor, June 02, 2009, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

I've mostly observed in the past couple of weeks as forum members have taken the hide off each other at times.

Some of it was sad to me, but I've got a theory about the whole thing: We're family here. And I don't know about you, but in my family we do some fussing at times. You too, heh?

We've almost lost a couple of our most loved forum members due to some of our silliness and I do hope they will have second thoughts and join us again. Every one of us has given thoughts at times to yanking the plug and never returning to the forum again. Then we find ourselves checking it, just to see if anybody is sorry for saying ugly things or trashing a forum brother or sister, and before we know it --- we're posting again.

I know a good number of you, and some I don't.  But I detect a good sense of humor among most of us. Even after a peppered duel (like Diane and Billy going after it) I always see smiles returning.

We all have opinions and we are darn lucky to live in a country where we can express them freely. May that never change!

In the past week, we've grieved with a local family who lost a darling baby girl. Oh, what pain they must be feeling today. And what I've noticed is solidarity among forum friends in support of this wonderful family. It brings us back to family reality, doesn't it?

Even the terrible murder of a doctor in Wichita created deep discussion here, then we all agreed --- it was wrong, even if we vehemently disagreed with his manner of making a living. And even he has family members and friends who are hurting today.

So, I'm only writing this to say, "Be of good cheer, folks."

Others are suffering out there.  If you're not one of them, count your blessings today. Say a prayer for others. 

And above all ... keep being you!

I'm not sure, but I think I love you.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Tobina+1

Very well said, Rudy! 
And... we love you too!   :angel:

Teresa

Very nicely said Rudy. Thank you for not only thinking it..but putting it into words.. :-*

((But I'm still mad at you for telling Ta Ta that she is smart and has common sense.. )) ::)
For us who have to try to live around her after that.. ....well..............you just don't know the misery you have created. ))

May you NEVER type anything like that again..........

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flo

Rudy, you have a way with words.  Thank you for this post.

(if we're family, does this mean you're adding me to your Christmas List this year ?? )

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Rudy Taylor

Yes, and my birthday is Christmas Eve and I love homemade chocolate meringue pie.

Wilma

There you girls have your Christmas giving  list started.  See to it you don't forget. 

sixdogsmom

MMMmmmmm----! Chocolate!  8) 8)
Edie

Wilma

Edie, do you think we could get the girls to add us to their list?

sixdogsmom

Yah mean chocolate pie for everybody on Christmas Eve?  :o :o
Edie

Rudy Taylor

No, no! You misunderstood.

I don't BRING you a pie on Christmas Eve.

I just sit back and wait for the chocolate, gold, frankincense and myrrh to arrive at my house.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk