Started by Varmit, May 30, 2009, 08:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamsback

greatguns

sixdogsmom

Yes, she is our resident Yoda.  ;)
Edie

larryJ

Ah, Diane, I think I love you!  Many years ago when we moved into our house one of the neighbors came down to introduce herself.  She was an older woman and very, very religious.  As we talked the conversation got around to religion and she stated that she had been paying attention to the fact that we didn't go to church on Sundays.  And, she thought it was because we were new and hadn't found a church to go to.  And, she wanted us to go to hers (Baptist church here).  She asked me if I believed in God.  My answer should have been, "that's none of your business" or "No, we are of a different religious persuasion."  Anyway, I looked her in the eye and said, Yes, I believe in God.  What I have a problem with is the social structure of most churches which in those days were still preaching fire and brimstone type sermons.  What I had a problem with was that if I didn't go to church every Sunday and tithe %10 of my earnings I would burn in that other place. And the kicker was that I worked nights especially Saturday nights and had to get my sleep on Sundays.  She accepted that and end of story.  Ironically enough, years later when my daughter was a teenager she chose to go to that very same church and on the once in a while occasion that my wife and I go, it is to that church and that is where our granddaughter attends preschool twice a week.  We still have her as a neighbor, she is still very religious, but she no longer likes that church and has moved on to another one.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Well, thank you all, but I can't take credit for what I wrote. My minister gets the credit for helping me find myself and defining who I want to be as a person. Unfortunately, I probably do resemble Yoda...short and all wrinkly. I don't think my ears are that big though.

flintauqua

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.

Yoda

pamsback

Quote from: flintauqua on June 01, 2009, 02:17:47 PM
Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.

Yoda

:) :) :)

Diane Amberg

sixdogsmom

Thanks FQ! I was going to say that Pam is our Yodaette, but I don't think she'd like it! I picture a female Yoda in tap pants and a cigarette tray, not Pam at all. Guess we'll have to find something else to describe her. Anyway Diane, I wasn't describing your stature but your wisdom.  :angel:
Edie

pamsback

QuoteI picture a female Yoda in tap pants and a cigarette tray, not Pam at all.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ROTFL!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk