Main Menu

Tiller

Started by kshillbillys, May 31, 2009, 04:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Just read the posting of Ann Coulter's piece too.
She has pointed out some things too that I was not aware.
Good one on her part.

pamsback

:) D Whetstone. My prayers are with your father.

flo

David, this event will be etched in your father's mind for years to come.  Thank God that he was there to lend help and aid to another Christian in a time of crisis.  May your father be blessed and comforted for showing compassion and his deeds were seen by God and will be rewarded. God's continued blessings on those who worship together at Reformation Lutheran.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

mtcookson

This will likely be my last reply in this thread as some of you I won't possibly be able to get through, so for the others I'm just going to leave it with some scripture as to not anger anyone...

Jeremiah 1:
4 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Psalm 139:
13 For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful,
       I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
       when I was made in the secret place.
       When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
       All the days ordained for me
       were written in your book
       before one of them came to be.

Luke 1:
44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.

Luke 2:
12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

(these two are to signify the term baby being used both inside the womb and out)

Exodus 21:
22 "If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman's husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

(to show even child is a term used for babies not yet born)

Genesis 9:
6 "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man.
7 As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it."

Deuteronomy 27:
25 "Cursed is the man who accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person."

Proverbs 6:
16 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood

Deuteronomy 19:
11 But if a man hates his neighbor and lies in wait for him, assaults and kills him, and then flees to one of these cities,
12 the elders of his town shall send for him, bring him back from the city, and hand him over to the avenger of blood to die.
13 Show him no pity. You must purge from Israel the guilt of shedding innocent blood, so that it may go well with you.

redcliffsw

mtcookson-
You covered so much using the Bible and
the Bible is all that we really have to go by.

It's amazing that folks and most churches
nowdays do not base their beliefs and standards
on the Bible.

As for me, it's an honor to be described as "too far right".

Stay right in there and thanks for the posting.

Sarah

Quote from: mtcookson on June 04, 2009, 10:32:19 AM
This will likely be my last reply in this thread as some of you I won't possibly be able to get through, so for the others I'm just going to leave it with some scripture as to not anger anyone...

Jeremiah 1:
4 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Psalm 139:
13 For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful,
       I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
       when I was made in the secret place.
       When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
       All the days ordained for me
       were written in your book
       before one of them came to be.

Luke 1:
44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.

Luke 2:
12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

(these two are to signify the term baby being used both inside the womb and out)

Exodus 21:
22 "If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman's husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

(to show even child is a term used for babies not yet born)

Genesis 9:
6 "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man.
7 As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it."

Deuteronomy 27:
25 "Cursed is the man who accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person."

Proverbs 6:
16 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood

Deuteronomy 19:
11 But if a man hates his neighbor and lies in wait for him, assaults and kills him, and then flees to one of these cities,
12 the elders of his town shall send for him, bring him back from the city, and hand him over to the avenger of blood to die.
13 Show him no pity. You must purge from Israel the guilt of shedding innocent blood, so that it may go well with you.

A lot of good Bible verses there!  :)

Sarah

I don't think any amount of wrong excuses another.  But I also feel that the little voices of all those little children that Tiller killed cry out from their graves for God's justice.  I know that it was said that the law of the land permits abortions.  That's true, but just because that's the law of the land, that doesn't make it right.  But I highly doubt God will condone the act of the murderer that shot Tiller either.  Hard to balance such things in that we know God could have easily taken Tiller's life at any time, but on the other hand He did allow him to be shot and killed.

In a way I feel sorry for Tiller since I know where he most likely is, but all those little lives lost is even more sad to me.  I honestly thought about getting an abortion when I first got pregnant with Ember.  I didn't want another baby, after all, I already had 4 other children at home.  But oh how glad I am that I didn't.  Even though she was only with us for a very short while, she was the sweetest most precious little girl and I can't imagine that I even thought about getting an abortion.  Soo many women have lost the blessing that they might have had had they not taken the life of their babies.  Sooo many precious babies. 

dnalexander

Sarah, I  think you just described all of the pain involved on all sides of this issue. The topic is difficult and painful. It is far from being resolved.

As far as Dr. Tiller goes I believe he was a man with good intentions to help women. My God will accept him in to heaven.  :angel:

David

Warph

Quote from: dnalexander on June 04, 2009, 10:16:36 PM
Sarah, I  think you just described all of the pain involved on all sides of this issue. The topic is difficult and painful. It is far from being resolved.

As far as Dr. Tiller goes I believe he was a man with good intentions to help women. My God will accept him in to heaven.  :angel:

David

David.... you are talking about Tiller, the baby Killer, aren't you?
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

dnalexander

Warph, you read my post so you know what I said, take it literally. It has nothing to do with my views on abortion. From what I see here I would be far to the right and unpopular. When I was born I was premature and weighed only 2 lbs. 14 oz. According to statistics I was a non viable fetus that at best would live only a short time due to the fact that my lungs would not be fully developed. My lungs were and are fully developed and I have been using them since. Thank goodness for insurance, my parents, God, and the Jewish Memorial Hospital in St. Louis. My Mom always told me I was her "Six Million Dollar Man". Back in 1961 6 million dollars was a lot of money and 2lbs 14 oz meant you didn't live. In Hebrew my name David means beloved, Alexander means warrior in greek. My middle name is Neil after my Uncle.

David Neil Alexander

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk