Breaking News

Started by Wilma, May 31, 2009, 02:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Quote from: W. Gray on June 29, 2009, 04:34:53 PM
Texan Josephine Owaissa Cottle, otherwise known as Gale Storm, began as a starlet for Radio-Keith-Orpheum. When RKO let her go, she worked for Republic and Monogram pictures with Roy Rogers, Bob Steele, and Johnny Mack Brown. She also acted with the East Side kids. One site even has her in a Three Stooges short.

At age thirty and out of necessity, she went into television work in 1952 beginning with My Little Margie. She had married eleven years earlier. She seemed to me to be a teenager on the television show.

She was always cooking something up with her boy friend, Freddie. It always backfired.

Waldo, I always love your posts that add the actual detail of the history involved on a specific topic. I had some good history teachers, but I think you are the best. I wish you were my teacher in school. I am glad you are my history teacher now.

David

sixdogsmom

Edie

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 29, 2009, 03:19:22 PM
Larry, I loved that old show.  Tobina, I'm afraid Billy Mays might be another disregarded cranial injury. He got his start here in Atlantic City as a board walk pitch man...I think that's right.

Read where his left artery probably aortic and ventrical were enlarged.  He died of cardiac problems
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Rudy Taylor

I mostly recall Gale Storm from "The Gale Storm Show" where she played a crew member on a large ocean liner. Perhaps it was a precursor to "The Love Boat." She was cute, feisty and always in trouble, reminiscent of Lucille Ball.

It truly is "a wonderful life."

W. Gray

David and Sixdogsmom,

Thanks for the compliments.

Perhaps, it would be truthful to say that Gale Storm as My Little Margie was my heart throb as a teenager. I had no idea she was over thirty.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

dnalexander

Quote from: W. Gray on June 29, 2009, 06:43:53 PM
David and Sixdogsmom,

Thanks for the compliments.

Perhaps, it would be truthful to say that Gale Storm as My Little Margie was my heart throb as a teenager. I had no idea she was over thirty.

Mine was Farrah Fawcet. I had the poster. I also, had two girlfriends that had that Farrah look.

David

Catwoman

Now David, be honest...Both of those with the Farrah look were red headed, right? lol  :o :o

dnalexander

Quote from: Catwoman on June 29, 2009, 09:01:36 PM
Now David, be honest...Both of those with the Farrah look were red headed, right? lol  :o :o

Cat, oh no, they were true blondes just like Farrah.  I am an equal opportunity lover of women when it comes to hair color.
;D

David

larryJ

I just turned on the TV and heard that Karl Malden has passed away.  He was one of my favorites and he had a brilliant career.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Janet Harrington

Michael Jackson was always one of my favorite singer/entertainers.  I have a Jackson 5 record album.  The "ABC" one.  It is in fairly good condition.  I'll hang on to that.  I could sing almost all of his songs in the early years.  One of my sister's favorite songs that he sang was "Ben" about the rat.  Ben, the two of us need look no more.  We both found what we were looking for.  It was a song for a movie, I think.  May Michael Jackson rest in peace.  Maybe he and Elvis are singing together as we speak.  LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk