Oklahoma druggist arrested for killing holdup man...

Started by Varmit, May 30, 2009, 08:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 31, 2009, 02:55:40 PM
I'm sure this trial will be 'way down the road, but how will you feel if the druggist gets any jail time. He already has an ankle bracelet and has been refused access to guns. At least he is out on bail. That could have been denied.

He should have never been arrested.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jerry wagner

Quote from: srkruzich on May 31, 2009, 07:05:32 PM

That is one of the most ridiculous statements that I have ever heard.  My apologies but excessive force is excessive.  Perhaps I could have understood shooting the assailants but the moment they we down and he went to get another gun, it became clearly excessive/intent to kill and not self defense at that point.  Intent to kill and then killing is 1st degree murder, plain and simple.  Law enforcement officers are under an obligation at that point to arrest the man, now he can choose to defend himself in court using a self-defense claim but the validity of that claim rests with the jury of his peers.

Diane Amberg

Here we go again.  Jerry, before I  jump to any wrong conclusions, you do know it wasn't me that said he shouldn't have been arrested. When people copy things that way it sometimes isn't clear who said what. I already got in a jam over that once. That was Steve's opinion attached to my post. People sometimes read very fast and it can get scrambled.

jerry wagner

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 01, 2009, 08:24:47 AM
Here we go again.  Jerry, before I  jump to any wrong conclusions, you do know it wasn't me that said he shouldn't have been arrested. When people copy things that way it sometimes isn't clear who said what. I already got in a jam over that once. That was Steve's opinion attached to my post. People sometimes read very fast and it can get scrambled.

I was responding to the person that made the last remark.  I will edit out your statement if that is helpful.

Diane Amberg

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on June 01, 2009, 07:47:50 AM
Quote from: srkruzich on May 31, 2009, 07:05:32 PM

That is one of the most ridiculous statements that I have ever heard.  My apologies but excessive force is excessive.  Perhaps I could have understood shooting the assailants but the moment they we down and he went to get another gun, it became clearly excessive/intent to kill and not self defense at that point.  Intent to kill and then killing is 1st degree murder, plain and simple.  Law enforcement officers are under an obligation at that point to arrest the man, now he can choose to defend himself in court using a self-defense claim but the validity of that claim rests with the jury of his peers.

Jerry, when those guys went in with the intent to kill someone for their money, and yes their intent was to kill, then they forfeited all rights to their life.  I am a pro gun, pro defence and quite frankly i would have emptied my gun into them too. 2 chest and 1 to the head.   Thats standard shooting if your going to kill someone.  THe objective is to make sure they do not have opportunity to get up and finish their intent.

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on June 01, 2009, 08:37:20 AM
Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 01, 2009, 08:24:47 AM

I was responding to the person that made the last remark.  I will edit out your statement if that is helpful.

I said he should not have ever been arrested.  it was a clear case of self defence.  They came in armed and robbed him, he defended himself and made sure that they could not possibly get up and finish their intent.

and He did so saving the taxpayors a ton of money prosecuting them if they had lived which would have done absolutely no good cause they would have only gotten a slap on the wrist. 

I wish they would call me up as a juror in his trial!

Dee Gee

The druggist was doing great when he got the second gun but when he used it to shoot a kid down on the floor then was more then self defense, it became murder.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

jerry wagner

Quote from: srkruzich on June 01, 2009, 12:07:32 PM
I said he should not have ever been arrested.  it was a clear case of self defence.  They came in armed and robbed him, he defended himself and made sure that they could not possibly get up and finish their intent.

and He did so saving the taxpayors a ton of money prosecuting them if they had lived which would have done absolutely no good cause they would have only gotten a slap on the wrist. 

I am aware that you said he never should have been arrested.  It is not a clear case of self defense upon the acquiring of the second weapon and then shooting the kid on the floor.  It is irrelevant that it would save taxpayers money and it is disturbing that you think justice should be decided in any case based on the cost to taxpayers.  Let's hope you would feel the same way should you come into contact with justice. 

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on June 01, 2009, 12:32:46 PM
Quote from: srkruzich on June 01, 2009, 12:07:32 PM

I am aware that you said he never should have been arrested.  It is not a clear case of self defense upon the acquiring of the second weapon and then shooting the kid on the floor.  It is irrelevant that it would save taxpayers money and it is disturbing that you think justice should be decided in any case based on the cost to taxpayers.  Let's hope you would feel the same way should you come into contact with justice. 

I have no problem with it.  I don't go out and rob someone or threaten to kill them for their money. nor do i go out and commit crimes.  I however have no problem dispatching someone that might commit a crime against me. 

I do have a problem when people start pitying the criminals.  Their the ones who went into that store with weapons and threatening law abiding citizens.  They are not innocent vicitms here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk