Oklahoma druggist arrested for killing holdup man...

Started by Varmit, May 30, 2009, 08:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

Quote from: patyrn on May 30, 2009, 02:36:14 PM
The pharmacist had served in the military during the first Desert Storm.  

Besides all of the unfortunate details in this case, the 16-year-old who was killed and the other robber, a 14-year-old, were set up by a couple of adult guys (ages 31 and 43) to perform the robbery and then were going  to pick the teenagers up in a stolen getaway car.  

I went back and read it again, my mistake.  Missed the whole back brace thing.  I guess that does put a spin on things.

I do want to see t he video though, because the article says the pharmacist had to go in the back and get a different gun.  Did he turn his back on the criminals?  did he walk casually or was he running and ducking?  I think those are the kinds of questions that really need to be asked.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Diane Amberg

Whew, that's tough one. At least they do have the 2 yahoos, who as adults should face at least life too. I suspect they thought they could profit from the kids being "juvies." So now we have one dead teenager, two adults in deep doo-doo and one pharmacist who may face jail time. When will the race card be played on this? Certain head line seekers probably already have their plane tickets.

Anmar

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 30, 2009, 03:46:37 PM
Whew, that's tough one. At least they do have the 2 yahoos, who as adults should face at least life too. I suspect they thought they could profit from the kids being "juvies." So now we have one dead teenager, two adults in deep doo-doo and one pharmacist who may face jail time. When will the race card be played on this? Certain head line seekers probably already have their plane tickets.

You know it will.  The newspapers make more money.  Notice the line in there that says something along the lines of " pharmicist was white, the assailants were black"
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Roma Jean Turner

I don't know about OK law but here in Missouri this guy would have been fully covered by our law..............until he went back, got the other gun and shot the last five shots.  If the assailant is down and no longer a life threat to you then no more shots are justified.  The devil here  would be in the details of the video as someone else said.

Is the wounded teenager conscious and aiming a weapon around?  Then he would probably be justified in shooting some more. If he is just laying there still and wounded and the pharmacist steps over him, gets the gun and just lets it go, I think that would be considered murder here.

God knows I sympathize with this man.  I can see how the adrenaline would be pumping beyond belief.  But our training here is to be very careful if we have to shoot someone...not to make any kinds of comments or actions that would show that we wanted to settle a score or get revenge on someone.  The attitude that one might express at that time can hurt them in a court of law.

Varmit

You know maybe you guys are right.  Maybe the Drugist should've checked for a pulse, asked that punk if he was going to threaten anybody some more, or asked  him if he intended to harm somone or just rob the place.

Give me a break.  So what if the druggist went back and double tapped that guy.  This is a prime example of putting criminals rights above the victims.  And don't give me any crap about these punks being talked into it by adults, those kids are old enough to know the difference between right and wrong.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

I suspect those kids will be tried as adults, depending on the law out there, so what does it matter? In capital cases Juvie doesn't necessarily mean they can skate like it did years ago....They probably aren't the brightest bulbs in the lamp either. I wasn't aware that anyone was giving you a hard time about any of this.The law and a jury will dictate the outcome of this, not any of our opinions.

Varmit

Diane, I know the law and a jury will decide this outcome.  I just don't see that the druggist did anything wrong.  I don't think he should've been arrested.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

I'm sure this trial will be 'way down the road, but how will you feel if the druggist gets any jail time. He already has an ankle bracelet and has been refused access to guns. At least he is out on bail. That could have been denied.

Varmit

If the druggist gets any jail time I feel that that would be another huge injustice.  This guy killed some punk that tried to rob him. So what. 

Diane Amberg

Did you mean so what to me? or so what in general? I really don't have any more to add.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk