Oklahoma druggist arrested for killing holdup man...

Started by Varmit, May 30, 2009, 08:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

I agree if she goes after a gun that would be intent to kill.

sixdogsmom

I really think that the damning part of the video is the fact that the pharmacist came back into the store, walked up to the downed perp, turned his back and went into the back of the store. Had he entered the store and went to the back by the same route he used when he came out shooting the first time, it would have been possible that the downed perp was threatening even after being shot. Does that make sense? It is obvious to me that the man no longer felt threatened, and was not trying to protect himself, but was interested in doing a little revenge.
Edie

Varmit

Honestly, I can't see why the druggist is being treated like this.  Look at the situation...

1- Criminal walks into a store with the intent of committing a felony
2- threatens the life of people working there
3- ends up dead

Thats pretty much it.  Another criminal off the streets.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

It ain't that cut and dried and you know it. Yeah he had the first one comin for sure, but from what I saw the next ones were just like choppin a snake in pieces even tho it's already dead just because it's a snake and it scared you. Overkill.

If you are gonna dance you gotta pay the band, think the pharmacist had an extra dance.......

Varmit

Actually, for me it is cut and dried.  That punk deserved to die. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Billy.. believe me.. I agree that the more scum bags off the streets feet first , the better off we are...but unfortunately the law abiding citizen is the one that has to account for their actions.

Normally you have a gun that has a magazine or clip that holds more than one shot. We are trained to shoot, not once, but until all doubt of a critical threat  to your life is over. But when is that? After one round? Six rounds? Ten rounds, a reload, and five more?

Remember....  This is in a crime ridden part of OK. Store has been robbed before.
Talking with LEO friends of mine they all have said shoot until the threat is over!!!

The store owner..had he used a gun with a loaded clip.. could have emptied it in the perp.. and all would have been ok.
But..............once again...
This fella turned his back a few times to the threat.  It doesn't look like he felt threatened in the least after he came back into the store.  He actually almost calmly walked to get another gun..and came back and unloaded it into the belly of the perp..
IF he wasn't dead..one more shot between the eyes would have been enough...

I wasn't there but that evidence is hard to refute... tough tough call....
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

frawin

Well I won't debate this one any longer, and I will watch to see what other evidence comes out at the trial. I can tell you if a person breaks into my house I fully intend to see that he is dead, and I won't hesitate to protect my family, in anyway I can. I can't judge the Pharmicist at this point as there are to many unknowns, I just don't see all of the evidence that most of you are talking about. The Pharmicist was cool but remember he was Retired Lieutenant Colonel with possibly 30 years in the Military, he was trained to be cool under fire. None of you know how you would have reacted under the same circumstances.

Wilma

Being ex-military, he was also trained to react without thinking about it.  If he was in actual combat, he has probably faced the enemy and the only way he lived was by killing that enemy.  Past training could have kicked in and in a way he wasn't responsible for his reaction.  I am still looking for a way to get around that premeditated murder.  I hope someone can do it.

jerry wagner

Being ex-military means that he is in fact a trained killer and is held to a higher standard because he knows what he is capable of. They also train them to have restraint, how to restrain an enemy or incapacitate him without killing him. Think about that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk