What about Sonia Sotomayor?

Started by Wilma, May 28, 2009, 12:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Being a judge is not about being fair or balanced...it is about the law.  A persons race or economic postition has nothing to do with it.  They either broke the law or didn't, period. 

And comparing the conservatism of iran and america....give me a break.  This country became a superpower by standing on conservative ideals.  Liberalism and its attempts at fairness and leveling the field is the main causes of the problems that we face in this country today. 

As for personal attacks...Diane asking me if I was satisified with anything in my life...I took as sarcastic and personal.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

I have learned in my life FROM experience there IS not only black or white but many shades of grey.

I was not comparing America to Iran per se although I don't expect anybody to actually get what I'm sayin. Fairness is NOT the cause of problems because liberals are just as predjudiced in THEIR way as conservatives are in theirs.

The cause of the problems in this country is the either/ or mentality of most people. BALANCE is what we need....NOT either /or.
Until BOTH sides GET that absolutely nothin is gonna go the way it should period.

As a recipient of personal attacks for my views I will defend ANYbodies right to speak their mind WITHOUT the negativity includin YOURS dude.

I have a picture that expresses my view on that subject exactly...a little chihuahua lookin up at a great dane...it says NEVER be afraid to say what you really feel......take a wild guess what the chihuahua is sayin to the great dane  ;D With that I'm outa here Joe just got home from Wisconsin so just argue amongst yourselves lol.

Varmit

Diane,

1- I wasn't the one that asked you what organizations you belong to.

2- I think you are missing my point about the law.  I don't mind people having their day in court, as long as it is justified.  Folks who get a speeding ticket and then go to court just to have the fine lowered, knowing full well that they were speeding, in my opinion is dishonest.  As for appeals to higher courts, I am all for it, so long as it is not because someone forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i".

3- As for asking a lawyer...lawyers are one of the biggest problems with our justice system.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk