What about Sonia Sotomayor?

Started by Wilma, May 28, 2009, 12:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Sonia Sotomayor is the nominee for the supreme court vacancy.  How do you think she measures up for the job?

Sarge

the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Anmar

I don't know anything about her, but why do you think she doesn't?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

dnalexander

Wilma haven't you been able to get rid of that faulty keyboard yet? :D

Sonia Sotomayor

David

Wilma

David, what e, where.  That's an o in her name?

Thanks for pointing that out.  I wondered if that was right.

Anmar

"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Catwoman

I find the woman to be a real dichotomy...Yes, she's eminently qualified and came up the hard way, giving her a depth to her level of empathy that others might lack...BUT...Had I EVER stated that I am better qualified to do something because I am a white female who came up the hard way through the trenches, it wouldn't matter HOW qualified I was...The press would be SCREAMING about how racist I am for making it sound like I am better qualified because of my race.  I am still waiting for someone other than the two loudmouths (Limbaugh and Gingrich) to bring that salient point up...Even though the two of them are completely correct...It would still be nice if someone more moderate were to make the same comment, so that the Dem's can't skewer them. 

dnalexander

I still know little to nothing about her. Besides it is up to the Senate if she is confirmed. What I do know is she has a great resume for the job of Supreme Court Justice. Prosecutor, Commercial litigator, appointed by Bush I, Clinton I, and Obama I. Confirmed by the Senate for the positions she was appointed to by Daddy Bush, and Clinton. She will be confirmed and is qualified for the job as long as she paid her taxes, doesn't have an illegal immigrant nanny. I may not have hired her for the job, but it would not be due to lack of qualifications.

David

Jo McDonald

Catwoman --- you should have been on the TV networks last night --- they were hitting on that like a dog on a bone.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Catwoman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk