Pattons Ghost

Started by Varmit, June 03, 2009, 09:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Ghost of Patton!
I think this is how General George S. Patton would sum things up... and then catch holy hell from Ike. He sure had a unique way of expressing his thoughts.

ATTENTION!

To ALL those whining, panty-waisted, pathetic Citizens, it's time for a little refresher course on exactly why we Americans occasionally have to fight wars to keep this nation great.

See if you can tear yourself away from your "reality" TV and Starbucks for a minute, pull your head out of your   ass -- and LISTEN UP!!

Abu Ghraib is not "torture" or an "atrocity". This is the kind of thing frat boys, sorority girls, and academy cadets do every year.
A little fun at someone else's expense.

Certainly no reason to wring your hands or get your panties in a wad.

Got that ?

Islam a peaceful religion???
My Ass!

Millions of these warped misled sons-of-bitches are plotting, as we speak, to destroy our country and our way of life any way they can.
Some of them are here among us now.

They don't want to convert you and don't want to rule you. They believe you are a vile infestation of Allah's paradise . They don't give a shit how "progressive" you are, how peace-loving you are, or how much you sympathize with their cause.

They want your ass dead , and they think it is God's will for them to do it.

Some think if we give them a hug or listen to them, then they'll like us, And if you agree?
Then you are a pathetic dumb ass!

If they manage to get their hands on a nuke, chemical agents, or even some anthrax -- you will wish to God we had hunted them down and killed THEM while we had the chance.

How many more Americans must be beheaded ??
You've fallen asleep AGAIN, get your head out of your ass!
You may never get another chance
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

recieved this e-mail the other day, loved it, thought I'd pass it on.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

flintauqua

Billy,

Patton is one of my alltime favorite movies, and as for the man; the world would be a very different place now if it had not been for the "administrators" (Ike, etc.), meaning he should have been turned loose, not constrained.

There is a conversation in the movie, (can't find it on the web) right near the end, where he is talking with Bradley about how in the future generals won't be allowed to just fight, that they will have to mediate, administrate, etc.  If you know the quote or can find it, could you post it please.

Anmar

Actually, Patton spoke out against torture and had pretty good relations with muslims in North africa, even allying himself with some of the local tribes against the nazis.  So your imaginitive speech is pretty much BS.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

flintauqua

Anmar, I hope you are referencing the original post and not my comment about turning Patton loose.  My point is the world would be different today if generals like Patton and MacArthur had not been reined in; that the world's relations with former and current Communist nations would be greatly different.

Patton would have taken much more of Germany than occurred, preventing the Soviets from getting so much territory, and more importantly, scientific knowledge in nuclear physics and rocketry.

MacArthur would have changed things by building up our inter-relations with the anti-communists in China and Indo-China.

These two lines of thought, are just that, but if things had occurred in that manner, the world-wide battle between Capitalism and Communism would have been very different, and much shorter.

Anmar

Yes, i'm referring to the original post.  Patton, in addition to being a great leader of men, was also a politician and a student.  He read the Koran cover to cover on his way to north africa and to presume anything about his feelings toward Islam and Arabs would be absurd.  I do agree with you in the sense that the cold war would have been much different had Patton lived longer.

There are those that believe he was assasinated, what's your opinion on the subject?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

flintauqua

Quote from: Anmar on June 04, 2009, 08:32:05 PM
There are those that believe he was assasinated, what's your opinion on the subject?

I don't know.  To me it's a bit of a stretch for Eisenhower and others to be thinking seven years ahead while trying to rebuild Europe, or was it to save Truman in '48.  Either way, I don't think you "take out" a four star general like that.  Of course we'll never know for sure, just like we'll never know if Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.

Varmit

Quote from: Anmar on June 04, 2009, 04:45:39 PM
Actually, Patton spoke out against torture and had pretty good relations with muslims in North africa, even allying himself with some of the local tribes against the nazis.  So your imaginitive speech is pretty much BS.

Anmar, I seriously doubt that if Patton were alive and well today, and serving in the military he would want good relations with Muslims*.  True, he may have allied with them during WWII, but if my memory serves me correctly, we were not at war with them at that time. 

As far as "torture" goes, could you please show me where we have chopped off the heads of ANY prisoner we have taken?  Well, maybe that's a little extreme, how about if you just show me where we have drug their dead body through the streets? 

*-let me change that to Islamic Terrorists.  (edited today at 3:33pm)
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk