Empathy & Supreme Court Justices

Started by redcliffsw, May 21, 2009, 05:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Does Obama want more new roles for a U.S. Supreme Court justice?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=98586

Varmit

You know, it really surprises me sometimes (although by now it shouldn't) just how unqualified obama is.  I would like for a reporter to ask him if he has actually ever read the Constitution.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

I read that article and found the comparison to football and referees very odd. Football is a game, nothing more...players try to cheat....referees make mistakes too. Our Constitution is 'way more important than that!

Varmit

Let me ask you this diane, if it is the job of supreme court justices to interpet and apply the law equally, why do they need to empathize with young teenage mothers, blacks, gays etc?  The law should apply equally to all regardless of circumstance.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

It would sure seem so. I'm not sure what he was after.

redcliffsw

Diane Amberg

Eeh, I still don't care for throwing "traitor" around so easily. Bush's Rep's should have looked into Souter much more closely if they wanted someone who would toe the party line. From that point of view, he was a big mistake. He swore to uphold the constitution, not the president. I still don't like the name calling and labeling. With some of these writers, to me, it's as if they don't think their message will be as strong or persuasive without the nasty rhetoric. I guess its just me.

sixdogsmom

It's not 'just you' Diane; these messages are nasty for the most part. I watched some of Ann Coulter last night, and her arguments were just a long string of insults, and not one constructive thing. It is a big mistake to think that hurling insult after insult is constructive. I do not like to watch or read anyone/ anything that is so completely negative.  :P :P
Edie

Diane Amberg

Yes, I can't imagine what Souter living with his mother and not having his own wife and children had to do with anything. Were we supposed to read between the lines and assume the man is gay? Or what?

jerry wagner

And how would it be relevant that he is gay?  He is just as qualified of an individual irregardless of his sexual preference if that were the case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk