10 Greatest Explosions

Started by Leonardcrl, May 19, 2009, 09:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonardcrl

I occasionally check this site.  Thought somebody might be interested.

http://www.livescience.com/history/090517-Greatest-Exposions-1.html

At least it is a good conversation piece over a cup of coffee  ;D
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

Catwoman

Ah, but they missed the greatest explosion of all...The day that the announcement went out (initially) about changing the setup with the schools in Elk County...I could have sworn I saw a pure white mushroom cloud SE of Wichita just about that time! lol

Wilma

No, Catwoman, that was second to the one that occurred when they announced that Severy and Howard were unifying and the high school would be in Howard.

Tobina+1

Do you ever watch Wreckreation Nation on the Discovery Channel?  I've seen it a couple times, and it's really interesting how much work it takes to tear down/explode things like bridges and buildings.  It's not just putting some TNT inside... they have to really calculate and plan ahead so that it falls in the right location and collapses correctly.

greatguns

The greatest and most devestating explosion was when they had a propane explosion in my hometown that wiped out the downtown area and killed two women.

Wilma

Diane Amberg

Krakatoa wasn't exactly pocket change either.

Varmit

greatguns, I bet there are a few japanesse that would disagree with you..
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

W. Gray

Krakatoa supposedly generated the loudest sound known to man either before or since the 1883 explosion.

The explosion supposedly generated 13,000 times the explosive power of the Little Boy bomb dropped on Hiroshima and four times that of the most powerful A-Bomb developed by the Russians.

I do not have a clue as to how scientists came up these figures.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

greatguns

They arekind of like you,  I really don't care what they think either.  Now you can get on here and spew your negatives some more. ::) ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk