Law Enforcement...Out Of Control

Started by Varmit, May 15, 2009, 08:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

These guys need to be fired, arrested, and put in jail.   There is no excuse for this.  No wonder alot of people don't trust cops anymore.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Lets see, they didn't shoot him and could have, they didn't taze him. They didn't even let the dog have a taste. They were very restrained, considering all the testosterone pumping out there. I'm sure someone will get some disciplinary action. I don't know what was happening before the video picked him up.

Varmit

I don't care what was happening before the video picked him up.  The guy was on the ground, face down, and spread eagle, he had surrendered and that cop kicked him in the head. >:(  They had no reason to taze him, let the dog have a taste or anything else. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Varmit

what reservations, the guy had given up, what reason would that cop have to kick him in the head?

Varmit

Yet another example of law enforcement out of control...

larryJ

No reason at all for the cop to kick the guy.  If you follow the news tho, this cop owns a clothing line that caters to gang members and others like them.  The cop is on suspension and will be reprimanded to the extent of how much more media coverage the story gets.  Meaning that if the story is dropped by the media, you will never know what happened and the cops will slap his hand and maybe take him off the streets for a while.  If the media makes a big deal out of it, he will be fired and maybe face criminal charges of assault or unnecessary force.  As this basically happened in "my back yard, so to speak" there is probably more news coverage here than you will see.  But I can tell you that it is not front page or a breaking news item anymore.  

Now, there is the possibility that the chief of police and the media bosses have gotten together on this and decided to let the story die so as to not have another "rodney king" situation.  For those of you who don't know or don't remember, a black man named Rodney King was pulled over, dragged from his car, and severly beaten with flashlights and batons.  The officers responsible for this were acqutted of any wrong doing and south central LA erupted into a riot in which the mostly black population of that area went up and down the main streets burning and looting all the stores.  The media was right there sometimes standing on the sidewalk next to a store watching (and recording on video) some of the looting and burning that was going on.  The terrible part of all that is they were burning down the neighborhood stores that supplied them with their daily needs such as food, etc.  After everything calmed down, the people of south central began to complain to the county supervisors that there were no big brand name supermarkets around for them to shop at.  DUH!  If you were Safeway, would you build a 100,000 square foot store worth several million dollars in that area not knowing when the next riot might break out?  I don't think so and obviously the big food stores don't either.  By the way, as a result of this action, the LAPD were given smaller plastice flashlights.  And during this riot a truck driver hauling bricks in the area was attacked and beaten severely with one of his own bricks.

Around here in LA we have a lot of high speed chases.  Actually, the one which we are discussing was the second one that was televised that day.  This guy that was kicked did almost hit a crossing guard near a school whille driving on a side walk and eventually sideswiped a car which disabled his car and he took off.  If he hadn't of taken off would he have gotten kicked?  Probably not as it would of been a different officer who was first on the scene.  The guy who was kicked was a gang member on parole and had violated that parole.  I think he had more tatoos than skin.  

So watch the news.  If you don't hear anything, we will be okay.  Otherwise the smoke on the western horizon will be that of LA burning again.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Varmit

I remember the riots, we had to watch them when I was in school.  There was no cause for them to happen.  No excuse.  If the "rioters" had targeted law enforcement officers I could understand.  Burning down their own neighborhoods, to me anyway, goes to show a certain level of mentality.

larryJ

Interestingly enough, the media, meaning the TV stations, chose to document people looting places that sold electronic equipment.  What better way than to get a free big screen or your very own video camera so you could record the happenings to add to your memories.  The media didn't show people stealing food from the little mom and pop stores that sold food.  No story line there.  The media did show (to be lighthearted I guess) a Chinese gentleman who owned some kind of shop out spray painting "BLACK OWNED" on the front of his store.  Like that did him any good, because everyone knew who owned the store. 

What that cop did was uncalled for and the high five added insult to injury, no pun intended.  Sometimes the adrenaline gets too high and the rush just too much for a cop to withhold his feelings.  And I am sure they are unaware that there are TEN NEWS HELIOCOPTERS ABOVE THEM RECORDING EVERY MOVE!!!!!  "I'm sorry, your Honor, I just lost it there for a few seconds".  "That's okay, my son, go and sin no more".

We will have to wait and see.  As this is a weekend chances are there will a big brushfire or an earthquake of sizeable magnitude to get everyone's mind off the car chase incident.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk