Obamanomics

Started by Catwoman, May 13, 2009, 04:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

OK, folks, here we go...The truest measure of whether or not this stimulus package is actually working...I am one of those who will be receiving $400 from the government, paid out over the course of the next year, starting this last April.  When I saw the increase in my paycheck from March to April, I contacted my financial advisor about it.  Then, I started seeing the reports regarding the fact that, come next April 15, I will be liable to the Feds for this increase in my pay.  My financial advisor advised me to withhold extra monies each month on my Fed. income tax to insure that I didn't have to pay in...You guessed it...The extra amount is the amount that my paycheck went up, taking me back to the amount that I was paying in March.  The net result?  I am paying $480 over the next year...And will probably only get $80 back of that...This $400 Pay to Work stimulus is a bunch of bull^&*(.  If people aren't careful, they're going to see their tax debt go up next year...I'm one who is paying to work, all right.  This stimulus has given me exactly what I've come to expect...Nothing.

Varmit

I know what you mean Cat, my wife and I will have to pay back something like $800.

Just more Chicago style politics.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Now that's satire! very evil....and very funny. ;D ;D ;D

Varmit

Now thats funny....true..but funny.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk