Swiimmin' Pools and Movie Stars.

Started by dnalexander, May 09, 2009, 08:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Quote from: larryJ on July 03, 2009, 10:37:44 AM
David, let us bow our heads and whisper a silent prayer for Jim Morrison of the Doors.  He died 38 years ago on this date.

I entered this tidbit knowing your appreciation of his music and my appreciation as well.

Larryj

Larry, since I read your post I have been playing my Doors albums and cd's all day in honor of Jim Morrison. To tell you the truth I would not have remembered today was the day that he "supposedly" ;) :laugh: died in Paris. Last I heard he was raising horses up on his ranch in Oregon. ???. What I really like is that you remembered that I was a fan and mentioned it on the forum. Larry that makes me an even bigger fan of yours than I already am. Thanks!

David

larryJ

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

larryJ

Too sad-----For those of us old enough to remember, "The world is waiting for the sunrise"-------------------Les Paul, 94, died today of pneumonia in White Plains, NY.  He invented the electric guitar that started rock and roll music electronic generation.  The "Gibson Les Paul" series guitar is still the most widely used today after 50 years.  There is probably a video on youtube.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Ms Bear

So many memories brought back by listening to Les Paul's music.  I was sad to hear the news of his passing.

dnalexander

Thanks Larry, I can always count on you to keep me up to date on Rock and Roll. I pulled out my "log" and plugged in the old Les Paul 8 track and played my tribute to the man that made rock and roll possible. I had to use my Fender Strat because my Gibson is acoustic. I think Les wouldn't mind too much.

David

sodbuster

Quote from: dnalexander on July 03, 2009, 03:20:17 PM
Larry, since I read your post I have been playing my Doors albums and cd's all day in honor of Jim Morrison. To tell you the truth I would not have remembered today was the day that he "supposedly" ;) :laugh: died in Paris. Last I heard he was raising horses up on his ranch in Oregon. ???. What I really like is that you remembered that I was a fan and mentioned it on the forum. Larry that makes me an even bigger fan of yours than I already am. Thanks!

David

Larry, I was reading some of your posts elewhere and remembered this post. Happy Independence Day. I'll be listening to Jim Morrison and the Doors all day. Hope you are doing well.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

sixdogsmom

Edie

sodbuster

Quote from: sixdogsmom on July 03, 2011, 05:41:57 PM
Hey David! How ya' doin'?  :D :D

Edie, I  am doing well; how are you? Things are great here in the land of Swimming Pools and Movie Stars.  I have been reading the forum most days but haven't had anything to say. Actually, that's not true. I have had much to say, but chose to stay out of the hornets nest. I have enjoyed reading about the windfarms and the Elk Konnected LLC.  I am saving my energy for the upcoming Presidential race. LOL.  ;D

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Diane Amberg

Good to hear from you again. Are you cooking something yummy for your friends tomorrow? I was at out farmers market on Friday and the fish shop had a special on escargot and alligator but I settled for some fresh flounder.

sodbuster

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 03, 2011, 08:46:55 PM
Good to hear from you again. Are you cooking something yummy for your friends tomorrow? I was at out farmers market on Friday and the fish shop had a special on escargot and alligator but I settled for some fresh flounder.

Yes I have been cooking hot dogs and making potato salad since Friday to feed all my nieghborhood kids and some of their parents. Usually I would cook for the adults mostly. I thought this year I would cook for the kids to make it easier since it was only hot dogs. I did not anticipate that I would become the local fast food hot dog spot. Now McDonalds's claim to over a billion served doesn't seem to be as great of a feat as I thouhgt it was before. :D Happy Independence Day Diane.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk