Wishes That Will Never Come True

Started by Wilma, May 09, 2009, 09:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Wilma,

I haven't driven past the county yard for some time, and have a question and a comment.  Are the trucks you are talking about reddish-orange or orangey-yellow?  The reason I ask is that most county equipment is painted more of a yellow, and the few pieces that are reddish-orange have usually been placed into service by KDOT, and then obtained by the county as used.  If they are orange, they probably are not as old as you might think, if they are yellow, they might have been there since the stone age.

Wilma

They are reddish orange and I can read Elk County on the door.  I doubt if they are as old as I am since they don't look like Model As or Model Ts.  But they might be at least half as old as I am and that is pretty old for a truck.

kshillbillys

Wilma,

They are Internationals. They are ex-State equipment that was purchased by the county. I have pulled the motor from one and put it into the other. The old motor is in the back of the one sitting closest to your house. It is waiting to meet it's maker or become somebodies fence post.

Mr. Hillbilly
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

Mr. Hillbilly, I just think those old trucks are the neatest thing.  I can't see the one that has been fixed up, but daughter says it is sitting on the other side of the one I can see.  Do you have any idea of how old they are?

kshillbillys

No, i'm not sure how old they are but probably early 80's.

Wilma

I think they might be older than that and I know somebody that might know.  See you later.

Wilma

Here are the old county trucks we are talking about.  Does anyone know anything about them?

kshillbillys

Did some checking for ya...they are both 1984 Internationals

Dee Gee

Quote from: Wilma on June 01, 2009, 04:44:11 PM
But they might be at least half as old as I am and that is pretty old for a truck.
I guess that makes you fifty years young, right?
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Wilma

Thanks for doing the math for me, but I think they are a little less than half my age.  I have been around since 1930.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk