Wishes That Will Never Come True

Started by Wilma, May 09, 2009, 09:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

kshillbillys

You say tomato.... ;D I think another thread said something to the effect of "If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be a duck..."
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Joanna

MY wish that will never come true is...

I wish we had planted all the fruit and nut trees that we'd planned on 15 years ago... then I'd be enjoying the "fruits" now instead of just now getting around to planting them.

Alternately, I'd wish that really good trees grew as fast as the weeds; or at least as fast as the ones I don't want, like mulberry sprouts.  It's not that I don't like mulberry trees, I just don't want them EVERYWHERE!

Diane Amberg

I wish mosquitoes were edible! By people I mean.

Wilma

KShillbilly said something that was news to me and I want to expound on it further.  However, I am going to have to do research and math to solidify what I am thinking.  When I have reached my conclusions, hopefully today,  I will start a thread titled County Employees.  It will concern the low wages.  KS (may I call you that?) made a statement and from the tone of the statement, I believe her (I hope it is her).  If I can get together what I hope I can, it probably won't result in a raise for the county employees, but will furnish some understanding of their working conditions.

On this other subject, I am in the best location to know the conditions in the county yard.  I believe that they have outgrown the city block that they occupy.  Perhaps another location for storage would ease it somewhat.  Moving everything would not be feasible or sensible.

Maude

Just remember!!!!! If some people did not have anything to gripe about, they would have nothing to say.
Maude 8)

L Hendricks

Wilma - I agree - I wish the county yard was outside the city limits and we only had ONE to deal with - a centralized road shop.  Last year because you commented on the condition of the county road shop, I personally mowed the ditches my self twice atleast.  I know the guys should do it, but I guess I would rather have them on a blade rather than a lawnmower.  Besides I have nothing else to do.  However, I don't think flowers will be growing anytime soon.  But I will see what we can do about the appearance of it.  And yes residents do live around the other two shops also.  They just haven't found the forum yet.

Wilma

Thanks, Liz.  I knew you would understand.

Ms Bear

Maybe someone has some nice climbing roses they could take cuttings from and plant where they can partially cover the fence.  I think they are so pretty but hard to find a place to let them climb.  I agree with Wilma that something could be done to make it look better.  I saw the yard you are talkng about when I was there and I wouldn't want to live by it either.

Ms Bear

Wilma

I was thinking about hollyhocks.  They almost take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk