Wishes That Will Never Come True

Started by Wilma, May 09, 2009, 09:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I wish the county road department would clean up the east side of their yard and plant a beautiful flower garden there, so I would have something pretty to see from my kitchen window.

kshillbillys

Liz would be more than happy to do that for you. Maybe they could back up the old cars and dump trucks to the fence and plant flowers in the trunks and beds. She IS your county commissioner. Make it happen.....your wish is her command.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

Varmit

If you want flowers, plant them yourself. In your own yard. Or at least offer to pay for them.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

greatguns

Believe me if the county planted them she would pay for them as a taxpayer. ;)

kshillbillys

Out of all the taxpayers in the county, paying the county employees an hourly wage of a whopping $8/hour to clean up, till up, purchase and plant the flowers, Wilma's total price would be about 1.5 cents to beautify the county yard so Wilma doesn't have to look at it.
But that would just be Howard getting pretty. I don't hear anyone griping about the way the county yards look like at Moline and Longton. Those are their WORK AREAS. Aren't they supposed to be full of stuff to work on/with?

Howard's County Yard is also the recycling center and the Sheriff's impound center. So be fair to the county boys! It's not JUST their mess....

Wilma

It's just the only view from my kitchen window, about 30 ft. plus the street.  I am not talking about something that is on the other side of a block.  And I do know that is their work yard and storage yard.  And this IS titled, "Wishes That Will Never Happen".  I do have flowers, but I can't see much of them from my windows.

Actually, I think it is about time the county thought about moving their road yard out to the county instead of inside city limits.

Billy, you haven't seen this yard in all it's glory.  It isn't quite there yet for this year, the iris are just now blooming, the peonies are only showing color and the roses are just budding.  What I want is something that I can see, too.  I see the end of one flower bed out the east window.  I can't see out to the south at all unless I go to another room, the county yard is the only thing west of me.  The climbing roses are north of the house and I can see them from a north window, but only the south side of them.  The north side is always the prettiest.  My yard is presenting a pretty view for others.  I wish I had the same.

kshillbillys

Why should the county yard be outside of Howard City Limits? The shop at Moline is inside city limits. The shop at Longton is inside city limits. Would you rather look out your window and see empty buildings and tall grass? At least the property serves a purpose. Why would the county want to move all of their equipment to a new place when they own what they have? The county shop has been there for several years. It is a place for heavy equipment. I don't think you'll see the boys out there with their gardening gloves on anytime soon planting flowers!

Wilma

I don't think I will either, but I do hope I see them cutting the weeds and Johnson grass that are just across the street from my yard.  And would you want a pile of old tires across the street from your front yard?  I am not sure that the county owns that property.  They don't mow the parking.  The city does that.  If the city is going to mow the parking for other property owners, why can't they mow mine, too.  Just how close to houses is the Moline road shop and the Longton road shop?  I don't remember any houses directly across the street from the Moline shop.  And if there is, maybe the owners have just given up.  Or don't have to see it every time they look out at the street.

Actually, did I complain about the view?  I just said I wish they would plant a flower garden over there.  AND I titled it wishes that will NEVER come true.  Does that sound like I expect them to do anything about it?  Yes, I wish it looked better, but there are a dozen places here in town that look worse.  But I don't have to see them.

I want to add to this that I think most of the old tires are tires that have been dumped in the country and our road guys have picked them up and that does cost us taxpayers.  I don't think there is anyplace to store them until they can be disposed of, not even on the other side of the yard.  But that doesn't make the mosquito problem any less.

kshillbillys

I know what you named the thread...But why gripe about it if you aren't going to try to do something about it? The mosquitoes are going to be bad everywhere this year...Look at all the rain we've gotten. Yes there are residences around the county shop at Moline. And at Longton. I just don't hear people griping about them. Them boys go out there and work their butts off 40 hours a week for just a tad over minimum wage AND get paid only once a month. Most of them have kids they are trying to support and all I ever hear is people griping about them. Yes, the roads are rutted. Look how the weather has been. I know that wasn't part of your point but others have said it before. They are busy. They don't have time to garden when they are out there fixing things throughout the county.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk