Natural born citizen

Started by Wilma, May 08, 2009, 06:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Diane, that is clearly an example of our system being abused by someone with no right to abuse it.  Frankly, I don't care what the conditions are in Mexico, thats their problem.  I say, send the mom and her kids back.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

So long live the constitution, unless it's inconsistent with your own personal views?

Like i mentioned in my previous post, you can't have one set of rules for one group of people and another set for another group of people.  It's un-american.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Diane Amberg

I don't disagree,  but the problem the folks who have to decide are having is the fact that the kids were born here 12 and 14 years ago. According to our own law the kids are citizens and can't be deported. We need to change our law so that children of illegals, who are born here, aren't natural born citizens. As it is we are stuck with our own very old law.  She is on schedule to be deported.The kids don't want to go and can't be forced but then what.

Varmit

Quote from: Anmar on May 25, 2009, 11:20:09 PM
So long live the constitution, unless it's inconsistent with your own personal views?

Like i mentioned in my previous post, you can't have one set of rules for one group of people and another set for another group of people.  It's un-american.

What is un-american is letting law breakers (i.e. illegal immigrants) go free.  What is unamerican is illegally crossing into another country.  And you're damn right, Long live the Constitution. Notice that in the Preamble it doesn't say anything about illegal immigrants.  It states We the People of the United States (i.e. citizens).  If some mexican wants to give birth to her kids here, fine, keep the kids and send mom packing until she can become a citizen LEGALLY.

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Keep the kids and send Mom packing?  Who, pray tell, is going to take care of said kids?  Put them in institutions run on tax dollars? 

Varmit

Why not??  We have children here on welfare whose mothers are criminals, whats a few more?  (please note the sarcasm on that)

Wilma

Sarcasm noted.  But, really, what are the kids expected to do?  I can't see a solution to this either, unless some kind folks could take them in until they are of age.  Maybe they could be given a choice, foster home or going home with their mother. 

Anmar

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on May 20, 2009, 07:16:14 PM
Diane, that is clearly an example of our system being abused by someone with no right to abuse it.  Frankly, I don't care what the conditions are in Mexico, thats their problem.  I say, send the mom and her kids back.

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on May 20, 2009, 07:16:14 PM
What is un-american is letting law breakers (i.e. illegal immigrants) go free.  What is unamerican is illegally crossing into another country.  And you're damn right, Long live the Constitution. Notice that in the Preamble it doesn't say anything about illegal immigrants.  It states We the People of the United States (i.e. citizens).  If some mexican wants to give birth to her kids here, fine, keep the kids and send mom packing until she can become a citizen LEGALLY.

Also...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_men_are_created_equal
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Tobina+1

I saw this on the news a while back; parents who came from Mexico illegally have children and were in the top schools, top in their class, etc.  When the parents got deported (they had good jobs), the children went, too.  Now the children are living in a city where they barely understand the language and I'm not sure if they even go to school.  Almost like foreigners themselves.

BUT, I thought at one time that if a child was born in the US, their parents had a right to become citizens of the US?  The reason I thought this is that a friend, fresh out of high school, went to somewhere in S. America for study abroad classes one semester, got pregnant, and when her baby was born (in the US) the father could be allowed into the US.  Apparently this isn't true anymore (ever)?

Varmit

Anmar, what is your point?  Yes, all men are created equal, that doesn't make them all citizens of the same country.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk