Hawaii passes “Islam Day” law

Started by Teresa, May 07, 2009, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on May 10, 2009, 10:25:10 AM
At one point scienctists said that dinosaurs were giant lizards, now they say that dino's had feathers and that they are related closer to birds than lizards.  Science, like man, can be flawed.

"Science, like man, can be flawed" and the Bible was written by man, translated by man and interpreted by man.  The Bible is what it is to each individual.  I have been looking for something to refresh some things that I believe are in the Bible.  Guess what I found.  God created man, then took his rib and created woman?  Not so.

"Genesis 1. 27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."  And that's all he said.

Catwoman

indygal

Did you know that Eve was actually Adam's second wife? According to the some accounts of the Jewish tradition, his first wife was Lilith. She was Adam's equal, but he soon found he didn't much care for that arrangement. He wanted to be the one in charge. They fought so much that eventually Lilith left Adam and wandered the earth. (She was said to be a temptress who would come to men as they slept, and was a threat to newborn children.) Adam pleaded his case with the Creator, and this is when Eve was created from Adam's rib.

It is commonly believed that this is the reason for the two different versions of the creation of man and woman that we find in the Bible today.

Varmit

Quote from: Wilma on May 10, 2009, 06:08:04 PM
"Science, like man, can be flawed" and the Bible was written by man, translated by man and interpreted by man.  The Bible is what it is to each individual.  I have been looking for something to refresh some things that I believe are in the Bible.  Guess what I found.  God created man, then took his rib and created woman?  Not so.

"Genesis 1. 27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."  And that's all he said.

You needed to look a little harder wilma, Genesis 2:21-24

"And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man.  And Adam said, This is now bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. THEREFORE SHALL A MAN LEAVE HIS FATHER AND HIS MOTHER, AND SHALL CLEAVE UNTO HIS WIFE: AND THEY SHALL BE ONE FLESH."

On a side note, you implied that the Bible was written, translated, interpreted by man so  it to can be flawed.  As a Christian I would urge you to be careful about that.   :angel:
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Catwoman

"Judge not, lest you be judged"..."Before you would remove the splinter from another's eye, remove the plank from your own"..."Beware false vanity, for it was by such sin that the angels fell"...

Catwoman

And, on a side note, it is absolutely men who wrote, translated, and interpreted the Bible...Women weren't allowed access to this endeavor...This is a matter that has been documented historically, beyond anyone's capability to twist it or manipulate it.  So, yes, since humans were involved in this activity, error is almost certainly involved in parts of it.  For the faithful who adhere faithfully to it, the preceding is of little consequence if their faith is sufficient enough to compensate for these elements.   

Catwoman

Since when has this become the Religion board???????????????? ::) ::) ::)  Let's get back to the issue of Politics and leave Religion out it, please.

Varmit

Quote from: Catwoman on May 10, 2009, 07:49:42 PM
"Judge not, lest you be judged"..."Before you would remove the splinter from another's eye, remove the plank from your own"..."Beware false vanity, for it was by such sin that the angels fell"...

I was not judging her, I was just telling her to be careful, wether she does or not is up to her.

Quote from: Catwoman on May 10, 2009, 07:57:48 PM
And, on a side note, it is absolutely men who wrote, translated, and interpreted the Bible...Women weren't allowed access to this endeavor...This is a matter that has been documented historically, beyond anyone's capability to twist it or manipulate it.    

Thank God for it, if women were allowed to be a part of it, we would still be arguing over what to call it. ;)
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Varmit

Quote from: Catwoman on May 10, 2009, 07:59:40 PM
Since when has this become the Religion board???????????????? ::) ::) ::)  Let's get back to the issue of Politics and leave Religion out it, please.

Cat, I agree.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk